Lost necklace

ajpack

I was on Explorer of the Seas Feb. 12-19 and lost my diamond and platinum cross necklace either in the elevator or the Windjammer on Thursday morning. :( I was just wondering (hopefully) that someone may have found it. It was never turned in at Guest Relations. Losing it has taught me a lesson...never wear valuable jewelry while traveling.

Anne

I lost a ring once so I feel for you. Did you call the and leave a message with the details of the item you lost in case it turns up? I know there is little hope, but in case someone who is honest finds it you should leave a message with Royal Caribbean to see if it is found. Also did you have travel insurance? I'm not sure, but maybe they can help you with this, like a lost luggage situtation.

Lets hope that someone honest has found it and will return it to you. I've had the same experience (a necklace that was a family heirloom) and was really sick about it until a friend gave me an article from a magazine talking about losing something valuable to you. It said that if you wear the item then you have gotten enjoyment from it (as intended), but if you put it in a safety deposit box or tucked away then you haven't really enjoyed having it. So I no longer punish myself for not having this necklace, I just think about how much I enjoyed wearing it when I had it. I feel so much better now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get yours back.

We were on the Grandeur of the Seas in 1999 and stopped at Labadee...My paranoid wife was afraid to leave jewlry in the cabin, so she wore a diamond ring (luckily not her diamond engagement ring--a "lesser" diamond ring, I guess--still expensive) to the beach...and lost it somewhere in the water at the beach by where the tenders used to dock...

We searched but never found it...

I always imagine that a few hundred years from now, Archaeologists will be excavating on the north shore of Haiti and will come across Beth's ring...They will hypothesize "These people were dirt poor, lived at an almost prehistoric, subsistence-level fishing existence with no homes or buildings to speak of--but they had MAGNIFICENT JEWELRY!!!"

I filed a property loss report with the cruise line, but frankly, didn't expect to get it back. Since it was a valuable piece, we had insurance on it. We'll get the entire amount it was insured for. I'm just bummed because I had it custom made for my 50th birthday.

Granted, even tho it was covered by your ins, you can't just go buy another one.

Could you go back to the original designer and have another one made?

Unfortunately, she's no longer in business. Tiffany's has the exact necklace..I may buy that one. It's only $100 more than the amount mine was insured for.

for sharing- i wear a custom peice that has diamonds on it from 3 generations of my family that was my 40th bday present- i was on the fence about it- i Never take it off- but i will now... get the new one, and think of all the crusing fun the old one might be having!!!:D

Lets hope that someone honest has found it and will return it to you. I've had the same experience (a necklace that was a family heirloom) and was really sick about it until a friend gave me an article from a magazine talking about losing something valuable to you. It said that if you wear the item then you have gotten enjoyment from it (as intended), but if you put it in a safety deposit box or tucked away then you haven't really enjoyed having it. So I no longer punish myself for not having this necklace, I just think about how much I enjoyed wearing it when I had it. I feel so much better now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get yours back.

I like your attitude.:)

Unfortunately, she's no longer in business. Tiffany's has the exact necklace..I may buy that one. It's only $100 more than the amount mine was insured for.

Buy it!!

Archived