NCL Sun / Alaska Shore Excursion Questions

mj5739

We will be on the July 8th sailing of the Sun. I am in the process of choosing and booking shore excursions and have a few questions.

1.In Ketchikan, one of my sons and myself are taking the Tatoosh Islands Sea Kayak. We are looking for something for my wife and other son (16) to do. They think they may be interested in the Rainforest Wildlife Sanctuary or the Wilderness Adventure Cruise & Rainforest Discovery. Has anyone done either or both of these and have any suggestions?

2.The Prince Rupert descriptions and the pricing sheet don't match. There are several excursions listed on the price sheet that we may be interested in, but don't have any explanation of what they are. Can anyone help me on this one.

3.We are taking the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer in Juneau. We want to go to Mendenhall Glacier and then to lunch on our own before that cruise. Is the shuttle the best way to do this, and where do you catch it?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

I'd like to hear the feedback on #3, myself. I'll try posting on the Alaska board as well if we don't get an answer here.

We're sailing on NCL's Sun in early June. I've booked the Tracy Arm excursion already, online. But according to the website information for Prince Rupert, the "Prince Rupert tours are ONLY available to guests on Norwegian Spirit". Maybe it has to do with our short time in port? (4 to 9 pm) I'd like to hear suggestions of what Prince Rupert has to offer as an 'on your own' experience.

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

You might want to post this same question on the Alaska board and see if Budget Queen can clarify for you -- I think she knows everything about Alaska :D .

We did the Tracy Arm excursion 2 years ago, and also went to Mendenhall Glacier in the morning. We'd been going to take the tram ride up Mt. Roberts, but it was too cloudy, so we went to Mendenhall instead. There were numerous booths right off the pier with trips available to Mendenhall. We ended up doing a Mendenhall Glacier/city tour trip. We enjoyed Mendenhall, but didn't think the city tour was worth the $$. I know there is also another bus you can take, like a city bus, that was cheaper, but I don't know the details or where you catch it.

Hope you enjoy the Tracy Arm/Sawyer Glacier trip as much as we did!

It appears NCL still doesn't have all their excursions updated for this year. The descriptions of the excursions shown is from last year so any new ones added this year aren't listed yet, even though they're shown on the price list.

We will be on the July 8th sailing of the Sun. I am in the process of choosing and booking shore excursions and have a few questions.

3.We are taking the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer in Juneau. We want to go to Mendenhall Glacier and then to lunch on our own before that cruise. Is the shuttle the best way to do this, and where do you catch it?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

You pick up the Mendenhall shuttle buses along the dock. There will be booths set up for ticket sales. There is no food at Mendenhall and plenty of options downtown Juneau.

Archived