Breakaway information

cruisenurse2

Hello 

I am looking at going on the Breakaway solo. Do they have a adults only swimming pool and area on the ship. Most likely I will be getting a singles room or inside cabin? Having adults only quiet pool area is very important to me . Tell me why as a solo you recommend this line ? I am comparing it to RCL Harmony and symphony line because of the quiet pool area. I was looking at this ship out of NOLA to the Western Caribbean  as I am coming from CA and the flight and travel time would be less for me and I have never been to NOLA . Please advise  and thank you in advance. 

Sincerely

Cruisenurse2

19 minutes ago, cruisenurse2 said:

Do they have a adults only swimming pool and area on the ship.

Yes. There is an adult-only pool that is forward from the all ages pool.

Having adults only quiet pool area is very important to me .

The adult-only pool probably won't be anything close to quiet. You might be better off buying access to the adult-only spa which has a Thalasso pool.

I am comparing it to RCL Harmony and symphony line because of the quiet pool area.

In addition to being much smaller than the Oasis Class ships, Breakaway has fewer quiet adult-only areas unless you are sailing in the Haven...and even then, it might not be quiet since most of the Haven isn't adult-only.

There are quiet areas on Breakaway such as the Waterfront but there is no pool or hot-tub there nor is it adult-only.

I can't really recommend Breakaway based on your criteria but if you decide to go, I recommend getting a Spa pass.

This will be my second solo cruise on the Breakaway. There is also Spice H2O on deck 16 full aft that is for adults only during the day. While there is no pool, there are hot tubs and what I refer to as an adult splash pool as well as a bar. But just because it’s labeled “adults only”, please don’t expect this area to be quiet. Also - the adult-only pool is on the main pool deck and a short walk from the family pool and the kiddie pool. 

If you’re looking for a quiet cruise, either book as a solo in the Haven (which is typically quiet but like Two Wheels Only said, there are families sailing in the Haven as well) or maybe look at a smaller ship that doesn’t have all the “bells and whistles”.