QM2 Princess/Queens Grills vs Britannia/Queens Rooms

DAllenTCY

What is difference in the Grill's vs the main dining rooms? I understand that there is just one seating in the former. What about presentation, portions, ambiance, etc.? It appears that the menus are identical.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

David

What is difference in the Grill's vs the main dining rooms? I understand that there is just one seating in the former. What about presentation, portions, ambiance, etc.? It appears that the menus are identical.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

David

the grills seat approx 200 people each. only one seating for each meal and your table assigned to you only. service is terriffic!! any requests for something special is welcomed(ie lobster caviar etc). portions are never an issue in any dining room as you can eat as much as you like. ambiance is an interesting question on the qm-2 i thought the grills lacked ambiance as compared to the qe2 grills.the main dining room on theqm2 is by far more beautifull then the grills if you dont mind eating with 1,000 people and recieving lesser service. factor in the larger cabin and balcony and the price of the grill cat is good value. just one couples opinion of course

although the menus are basically the same they are not identical. if you look closely you will see there is usually one extra choice per course in the grill rooms. but this is not the most important difference. Preparation, presentation and service are completely different. in the grill rooms you will have three servers waiting on you hand and foot, using french service. you can order anything you want off the menu. The ambience is of course, a personal choice. the grill rooms are small and intimate. Frankly, I thought the Brittania was no different from the two story dining rooms on any of the mega ships nowadays but I can see where some people would love it. I also loved the queens grill lounge for tea and drinks. There was never a problem getting a seat unlike most of the other lounges. whether all this is worth the extra money is up to you.

Would someone please confirm that in both the Princess Grill and the Queen's Grill that you can order a la carte/off the menu? I've heard that it is just in the Queen's Grill. Many thanks.

David

Yes, in the Princess Grill you have the option of ordering a la carte. The Princess Grill and Queens Grill share the same galley.

They even have a printed menu of fine selections not found on the daily menu.

We totally enjoyed the Princess Grill restaurant, eating almost every meal there (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on our recent twelve day sailing.

Superb service and excellent food. Highly recommended!

Alan

Would someone please confirm that in both the Princess Grill and the Queen's Grill that you can order a la carte/off the menu? I've heard that it is just in the Queen's Grill. Many thanks.

David

you can order anything you like in the grills if they have the ingrediants they will make it for you with proper notice!!!

But you can order the same things in the Princess Grills with 24 hours notice.

24 hours notice was not required on our sailing. We were able to order off the Queens Grill a la carte menu at any time.

Enjoy!

Alan

Archived