Best time to eat at speciality resturants

I have booked 3-night speciality dining. Can either choose reservation on the 1st or 2nd night. Which time is the best? I have heard that the meny in the MDR is better on formal nights which are usally in day 2? So would it be better to have the first speciality dining on the 1st night then MDR on the 2nd?

The formal nights tend to vary.  I often see them on the night.  I happen to like Chops for dinner on the first night.  If we're with friends we coordinate with them.  Regardless, once you board you can hit one of them and get times and days that work for you.

Just pick a time around when you normally eat dinner.  Either do it in advance via the app or head to the reservation station as soon as you get on board.  Pretty simple.  But will say there's a tendency for specialty restaurants to get booked up in that 7:30-8:30 time slot.

3 hours ago, cruises89 said:

I have booked 3-night speciality dining. Can either choose reservation on the 1st or 2nd night. Which time is the best? I have heard that the meny in the MDR is better on formal nights which are usally in day 2? So would it be better to have the first speciality dining on the 1st night then MDR on the 2nd?

Even though you pick a night there is a 99% chance there will be no reservation made for you, picking a night and time is simply a place holder. As soon as you board go to any restaurant to make your three picks, no need to reserve  night one or two.  Usually Prime Rib or Lobster on formal night.  You did not mention which ship you are on, if your ship has a Wonderland that is usually the shortest line when making all of your reservations.