Cruise Travel Protection

Hi everyone,

So I need to make a decision about cruise travel protection. We are sailing with Royal Caribbean in October leaving out of Barcelona. We are staying flying in from Miami, FL and staying 7 days in Barcelona prior to the 5 day cruise. So, I am wondering if I should get full travel protection (through an outside company) that will cover flights and hotel as well. Or is the travel insurance offered by the cruise enough.  As of now, they have lifted the testing for COVID to reenter the US, so really my biggest worry is the cruise, as we will not be able to board if we test positive. Any Suggestions?

I always buy outside insurance so I can buy a "cancel for any reason" policy. It also gives me reassurance that I'll have medical expense reimbursement and evacuation coverage should anything happen while I'm out of the country.

I use insure my trip dot com, which I learned about on these boards years ago when people were losing money from cruises that weren't cancelled due to hurricane Maria. People who were already at the embarkation port could get on the cruise, and the cruise could still sail, so it did, even though it was leaving a lot of people behind who couldn't make it to the port.

Anyone who couldn't get on their flights because of the hurricane, or who didn't want to visit hurricane ravaged ports were S.O.L without cancel-for-any-reason policies. Same with 2020 covid issues. 

• Thanks 1

Our go to for 3rd party travel insurance is The Trip Insurance Store

888 407-3854....Steve is often a contributor here on Cruise Critic.

He and his staff can help guide you to what is best for you personally.