Trip insurance

doc47

Forgive me if this topic is been discussed previously. We are on the Explorer Dubai to Singapore in November  2022. My TA is quoting insurance cost up to about $10,000 to cover that trip including issues related to covid. If I take the covid part out of the equation it's about $1000. Anybody else having same problem? Any solutions? And is Regent still requiring a negative test to embark even with a vaccine card?

I suggest checking The Trip Insurance Store, Steve Dasseos. He’s a very knowledgeable agent. I would not want to have insurance that doesn’t cover Covid. I tested positive last Tuesday, and although I feel fine now, I will be in quarantine at least until Monday evening. We had private tours already paid for in Bordeaux, so between my pro-rated cruise refund and the prepaid tour, I will be filing quite a large claim.

• Like 3

I echo Asnaleah - checkout Steve Dasseos and TI Store.  You can search for trip policies & cost on the TIS site without speaking to anyone.

Also, search Cruise Critic for an informative Q&A with Steve about three months ago.  As a long time Regent & TIS customer, we are very pleased.  Do get a second quote - not just the policy price.  You want coverage that addresses your specific situation & needs.

• Like 2

We were required to get insurance that covered covid to enter Israel on our recent cruise.  We got covid only insurance for $100 for the two of us.  So it depends what you want the insurance to cover.  

1 minute ago, tango223 said:

We have looked at the travel insurance through Costco which seems like a great price compared to other plans. Does anyone have experience with the Costco plans for travel insurance?

Tango - The biggest advantage we could see (on occasions when we have purchased travel insurance in the past) was that Regent's insurance was not "age-based".  The premium seemed to be only/directly based on the actual cruise fare that was being charged...irrespective of individual demographics or health conditions.  This was the "best deal" for us at the time, when insuring my 92-year old Dad, when he was sailing with us. 

• Like 1