What about trans cruising?

unseemlygamer

On 1/13/2023 at 8:28 AM, jamie717 said:

jenn117-Thank you for sharing your experience with me/us.  I will definitely go to the service desk first thing and see if Carnival does anything differently.  The more I have looked into it, the more I see that there isn't too much that can be done.  

Curious how this worked out for you, my partner had zero issues getting a card reprint with his name on it, he just had to bring the deadname card and passport with him getting on/off at ports.  Other than that, zero issues(except the cabin steward writing "happy birthday deadname" the first morning night before we even got the new card lol....but hey, that's his fault for waiting 4 years to change to his name, procrastination gets ya

1 hour ago, Brgoescruising said:

Curious how this worked out for you, my partner had zero issues getting a card reprint with his name on it, he just had to bring the deadname card and passport with him getting on/off at ports.  Other than that, zero issues(except the cabin steward writing "happy birthday deadname" the first morning night before we even got the new card lol....but hey, that's his fault for waiting 4 years to change to his name, procrastination gets ya

We didn't even try to get a card with his chosen name, we opted instead to have a blank card that sat on top of the sign and sail card while hanging on his lanyard.  I am happy to hear you had zero issues and will go this route moving forward.  We did have one moment that I found to be comical and have never experienced on any other of our cruises.  One evening in the MDR the assistant waiter came to take our order and when he got to my son, I'm assuming he had deadname instead of chosen name on his order pad, and rather than referring to my son by either name he just tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention and take his order.  I was the only one who noticed and it prevented either one from being embarrassed.  

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, CarlLany said:

But remember, you have every right to be yourself and enjoy your vacation without any discrimination or harassment. 

I am not trying to bring the haters to me now, but this is entirely true, you SHOULD have the right to be yourself and enjoy your vaction until you land in a country or destination where you are plainly NOT accepted and could be attacked or imprisoned for who you are.

In some countries you have no rights and it does not matter where you come from and what your rights are at home.

This is just a fact and there is no way around this.

Edited by CDNPolar