Oops! Masks still needed to Germany

Missed this,  masked still need to fly into Germany!.  We are headed to Copenhagen, will start a new topic for the actually cruise.  We aren’t using Regent Air, because I like keeping my United perks.  Not happy about the masks, but I go with the flow kinda of person.   I haven’t had COVID,  husband and Mom and sister have, but not me.  

I have been on a river cruise in Germany for the last 10 days, I was surprised how strict the Germans are about masking on public transit and in many indoor venues. Not everywhere; but keep a mask handy when out and about and on busses and tourist vehicles.

We flew Delta ATL>MUC in late May , no masks 😷.  A few in Biz Class chose to wear masks.  We were in Germany & Austria for 2 weeks late May early June the only required mask anywhere was on the Lufthansa flight from MUC>BER.  Only a small percentage of people (10-15%?)wore masks and no restaurants, bars, hotels or tourist spots required them in Munich or Berlin.

Edited: I should also say that that flight was the only public transportation we took.  Masks are required on public transportation.   Not cabs or private cars.

Edited by RetiredandTravel
  • Like 1

I think the issue is if a mask is required on public transport for a particular country then they class the planes into and out of their airports as public transport. We had to wear masks on trams, metros, buses and trains in Lisbon and were told by the EasyJet cabin crew we should wear them on the plane too ( which almost everyone ignored 😜)

Flight Newark to Frankfurt required a mask on the flight and the same for the flight from Frankfurt to Copenhagen.  In the airport itself,  that was mix.   Any flight into and out of Germany now requires a mask.   

10 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

Flight Newark to Frankfurt required a mask on the flight and the same for the flight from Frankfurt to Copenhagen.  In the airport itself,  that was mix.   Any flight into and out of Germany now requires a mask.   

I've read that's the rule, we had our masks ready, but Delta didn't require masks Atlanta to Munich  the stewardesses didn't have them either.  We were also on Air France from Berlin to Paris and didn't need masks there. Lufthansa Munich to Berlin we needed a mask but not in airports.  

Edited by RetiredandTravel