Tender tickets distribution

I would be grateful if someone could explain the system used on Marella ships to obtain tender tickets when not on a ship's tour. I have experienced different methods on other cruise lines - e.g. priority boarding without tickets depending on loyalty level or cabin type while all other passengers have to queue/everyone queues at a given time and place which is usually quite chaotic/ pre-order time and number of tickets which are then delivered to the cabin…..but we haven’t had to tender before on a Marella cruise so I'd like to be prepared for when we get to Santorini. 

Hi , just done the Marella Explorerer to Santorini. Actually it was very pleasant to report it was very, very well organized. 1st of all, the prebooked Tenders for those that have booked a trip were all let off 1st and us also-rans went to the main theatre to collect our Tickets after 10:00 (from memory) we were given batch numbers and were then called out in these numbers. Very efficient indeed. We waited no longer than 10 mins when called.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Rebel Rouser. That is very helpful and means that I can begin to think about how to organise our day there. We have been before but it is a new destination for the rest of our family and I would like it to be a great experience for them.

I hope you don’t mind me asking if your cruise was the Aegean Shores itinerary from Corfu. If it was, do you have any other hints and tips for us? We are really looking forward to our trip with our DS, DIL and 2 grandsons. It was originally booked for 2020 so it has been a long time coming!!

Hi Izzywiz,

Yes, it was Aegean shores from Corfu and like you, we had booked this in 2020 for my retirement cruise with my granddaughter. We finally made it in May 2022.  My GD was 2 years older, at 12. And she appreciated more than she would have done at 10 (bonus) after jumping through a few hoops for her being 12 and needing 2 jabs. But that's another story 😂

We have done our own thing in ports as had been to these before so was able to show my GD the local areas, she absolutely loved Dubrovnik and Santorini. With Santorini be aware of the long Qs with the lift as there was 5 ships in that day and a Q miles long. 

Bear in mind the temperatures if you are going in the next 3 months as we were ending of May start of July for 2 weeks and the temps some days 35c+.

Anything else, just ask.

RR

Thank you again for your reply. Unfortunately, we, as a family, have to travel in school holidays so I understand about the heat and crowds so go as well prepared as possible. I was hoping to be off the ship early in Santorini to avoid the queues and heat but, thanks to your valuable information, we shall just have to be patient.