When to go? - Ancient Adriatic Treasures?

sammygeorge

We're looking to book Ancient Adriatic Treasures for fall of 2023. I prefer the itinerary starting in Venice and ending in Istanbul (vs. the opposite) that departs September 30 (vs. departing September 1).

My friend who we'll be sailing with is concerned that by October, the seas will be choppy AND that sites will be closed. Is this an issue? Has anyone been in Greece/Turkey in October? What do you think?

Thanks!!

2 minutes ago, sammygeorge said:

My friend who we'll be sailing with is concerned that by October, the seas will be choppy AND that sites will be closed. Is this an issue? Has anyone been in Greece/Turkey in October? What do you think?

Did an Eastern Med cruise in  late October to Nov 10. Seas were fine , nothing out of the ordinary. Lot less tourists,  temps in the 60 and 70"s. On Mykonos  in early November lots of  store were closed for season but some were open. I bought a lovely  soft wool shawl  for myself that I wore all over Istanbul  in evenings  in November.

I have also been to Greece and islands in early Sept when the temp was in the 90 's and nothing but crowds in Athens and Santorini.

43 minutes ago, sammygeorge said:

We're looking to book Ancient Adriatic Treasures for fall of 2023. I prefer the itinerary starting in Venice and ending in Istanbul (vs. the opposite) that departs September 30 (vs. departing September 1).

Thanks!!

We are looking at this for 2024.  To us the question is would we rather finish in Istanbul or the disaster that has become Venice?  Learning towards finishing in Venice.  At least jet lag will be gone.