California Residents Exclusive Fares

Therese S.

23 hours ago, Therese S. said:

So Princess is running special California resident fares that includes $150 OBC.  We have FCC we must use by 12/31/2022 from a cancelled February cruise using the Cruise with Confidence program, so these fares really caught my eye.

When I check the fares for the October 8 Hawaii cruise on the Ruby it shows cheapest inside cabin is $998 with $150 OBC, but when I log onto my princess account the cheapest inside cabin drops to $959 with only $50 OBC!  I always thought you got better rates once you logged onto your account. I would much prefer to pay an additional $39 dollars to get the $150 OBC. 

Princess ran a similar promotion a few months ago when the Diamond and Sapphire were announced to do Summer runs from LA/San Diego (This was before the Sapphire was postponed 'til September.)

I was able to see the cheaper fares before I logged on, but lost them after I logged  on. I tried to start the booking before I logged on, but still lost the better price. 

Bottom line, I had to call Princess to get the CA resident deal... which unfortunately went away when they postponed the Sapphire startup.

6 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I got an email this morning about a new promotion about California residents, so they might be updating the Calif sailings

I did not get an email.... Did it have a link to see the CA fares? If so, Can you post the link?

Thanks

Yay Yippee  my TA was able to get us booked on the Ruby Princess and we got the California Special  with reduced rates and total of $450 OBC.  $300 from the promotion and $150 from a Future cruise deposit we had.  Never have we ever had that much in OBC.  I'm super excited to be headed back to Hawaii

I did call princess to inquire about the website being down and was told they hope to have it up in a few more hours.  Ive heard that answer before 🙂

Edited by Therese S.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Are these only for San Francisco and not Los Angeles and San Diego?  

California is the most populous state in the union; hopefully they'll add the two other ports to the resident offer. 

Its strange, but yes unfortunately the special California rates were only for cruise leaving from San Francisco.  The special  expires tomorrow, so maybe Los Angles and San Diego will get special rates next.