Clearwater Beach

AmbitionatBay

Has anyone been to Clearwater beach recently?  My husband and I are going on the Pearl  in August. We have been to Bermuda 5 times and always go to Horseshoe and Tobacco Bay but want to try something different this time.  We also rent a scooter for the time we are there to see the island. Wondering if Clearwater may be just a bit too far a ride for that. Also wondering how their facilities are.

Thanks for any info!

33 minutes ago, AmbitionatBay said:

Wondering if Clearwater may be just a bit too far a ride for that. Also wondering how their facilities are.

Not recently but a few years ago. Its a bit of a hike-- we went there when we were staying near Tucker's Town on a non cruise vacation so it was a bit closer for us. Its a nice enough beach and it looked that most there were locals. I don't remember any facilities--- there definitely wasn't a concessionaire with beach gear/food like you have at Horseshoe. There's a small park adjacent. 

The facilities at Clearwater are decent. The concession has recently changed hands but they are in operation. The restrooms have plumbing. The details so far this season are sketchy as  far a report backs. The beach has lifeguards. Next to Clearwater is Turtle Bay. Good place to see turtles. Then next to that is the Coopers Island Reserve. You will have to walk that but there are several isolated beautiful beaches inside the preserve. Turtle Bay and Coopers Preserve  are the gems. Clearwater itself I would call okay. I would not rent sccoters myself but with those or one of the electric minicars which I think are a lot safer I don't see that area as too far. I took a taxi from St. George the last time I was there and noticed there are chargers for the electric mini cars in the parking lot.   

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks for the information. Turtle Bay and Coopers Preserve seem like places we would enjoy and would be a nice change from our usual stops at Horseshoe and Tobacco Bay.  I did notice those mini electric cars when we were there in May and thought we could try one of them. Definitely a more comfortable ride and there will be more traffic in August. 

25 minutes ago, pisces223 said:

Does the concession stand have refreshments - food, beverages, beer? Chairs and umbrellas? TIA!

There are chairs and umbrellas for rent on the beach. There is a bar. They are using a food truck for food. 

I was here 2 weeks ago. It's what I look forward to the most traveling to Bermuda! The bathrooms are clean and there's outdoor showers to wash your feet off. There is a bar (Prices are high - we paid $9 for a bottle of red stripe), and a food truck.

• Like 1