Covid Insurance.... I'm covered, right?

amurray88

27 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Did you ask for COVID cover when you purchased it, if so it should cover you . Without wishing to sound rude you should know what you purchased.

You're not sounding rude 👍 the insurance comes with a long list of things it covers you for with Covid....the problem is MSC don't give a full breakdown on exactly what they want.

I'm going with this and if they make a fuss at the port I guess I'll need to go online and buy something else at that point 

In short, the insurance (without all the T&C's states)

Your policy includes cover for any medical claim due to Coronavirus while travelling. We include cover for cancellation 
due to you falling ill with Coronavirus* and being unable to travel or being required to self isolate, subject to medical 
certification or an official test result. We additionally include cover for curtailment due to the death of a close relative 
due to Coronavirus*
We will not cover any cancellation due to government or other regulatory authority restriction on travel due to
Coronavirus* or any future pandemic.

You must present documentation at the pier with sufficient coverage purchased that has a minimum of (a) $25,000 per person in medical expense coverage and (b) $50,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation, both with no COVID-19 exclusions. The insurance policy must name the guest as the policyholder or beneficiary.  Guests must bring a printed version of the insurance policy, showing the name of each of the covered guest(s) and a description of the coverage in the policy. This documentation will be reviewed by staff at the terminal prior to boarding. Without it, guests will be denied boarding.

Hope this helps.

Bret

6 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

You must present documentation at the pier with sufficient coverage purchased that has a minimum of (a) $25,000 per person in medical expense coverage and (b) $50,000 coverage for emergency medical evacuation, both with no COVID-19 exclusions. The insurance policy must name the guest as the policyholder or beneficiary.  Guests must bring a printed version of the insurance policy, showing the name of each of the covered guest(s) and a description of the coverage in the policy. This documentation will be reviewed by staff at the terminal prior to boarding. Without it, guests will be denied boarding.

Hope this helps.

Bret

Oh wow, wish the UK website would have the values as clear as this. Although, $25k seems so little, most of our insurance covers up to £15m in medical expenses (p.s. no idea what would actually cost £15m)

Yes, I think that will cover you. If you are going on Virtuosa they were nowhere near as thorough in checking it at the terminal this year as they were last year (when website did state amounts). This time they just glanced at it to make sure it said covid.

Worse case scenario, you can always purchase an extra policy there and then at the terminal if they reject it, some people were made to do that last year!

Edited by kernow

18 hours ago, kernow said:

Yes, I think that will cover you. If you are going on Virtuosa they were nowhere near as thorough in checking it at the terminal this year as they were last year (when website did state amounts). This time they just glanced at it to make sure it said covid.

Worse case scenario, you can always purchase an extra policy there and then at the terminal if they reject it, some people were made to do that last year!

Agreed...thank you!