Carnival Freedom Lines?

Batman5924

Just got off Freedom this morning. Lines for buffet, pizza, bars, well, everything are horribly long. Wait was too long for the Deli to be worth while, burgers? Forget it. Not looking good with all these lines.

We'll be on the Freedom in a few weeks.  Never cruised in summer before and I am expecting crowds.  We were spoiled in January on the Breeze with low passenger counts.  I knew it couldn't last.  At least we'll know what to expect.  Other than the crowds, how was the cruise?

It was a very nice vacation get-away. This was my 4th time out since the shut down. Food quality has greatly improved over when they 1st started. There was plenty of live music around the ship. The cover band was wonderful. Grand Turk and Amber Cover were very nice, but Grand Turk remains my favorite. We had a great time and in all honesty, our vacation was very nice.

The negatives were the very long lines for everything. Pizza was closed from 3am until 10am, but that really didn't affect me personally. However, the pizza was horrible. I usually love the pizza on Carnival. It changed. The dough was often raw, the color of the suace was off, basically it sucked this time. It was my 24th time on Carnival and this was the 1st time is was actually bad. Also, another negative that can't be helped. It was an unusual situation which will be fixed - there was a lot of soot from the damaged funnel. My new white shirts have black soot spots on them, might be ruined. So keep that in mind if you go out on deck with light clothes.

But the room was nice, the food improved, the music was good and I loved the ports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Solo!  Our favorite is having a great adult beverage and sitting and listening to good music!  Glad to hear that the cover band was good.  Sad to hear about the pizza.  It was great on the Breeze.  Hopefully they were just having a bad time of it when you were there.  We can always hope it's gotten better.   We have a couple of side balconies, starboard side on deck 8 just aft of the mid elevators.  Hopefully any soot issues will be addressed by then and if it is on our balcony that it has been cleaned.  Thanks for the heads up.