Specialty dining entree price limit for Platinum and above Latitudes members

farjar

I know Platinum and above members receive a voucher for one appetizer, one entree and one dessert as part of their specialty dining reward.  What is the current price limit for an entree in Cagney's or Le Bistro?  It has been several years and I noticed the prices have gone up considerably.  Thanks.

As of March (last time I cruised) there was no price limit for the entree as long as it wasn't an upcharge item (so if there was an asterisk with upcharge pricing, that wasn't included)

They told us 1 app, 1 entree, 1 dessert each, and a free bottle of wine at LeBistro (they gave me a specific list to choose from)

For the specialty dining, it is more unclear and seems to vary widely. For most places, it was as many apps as you wanted, as many sides as you wanted, 1 entree, 1 dessert, but I didn't really "test the boundaries" so to speak. 

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 2

*in above post, when I said "For the specialty dining" I am referring to the specialty dining package. If you have both platinum dinners and the specialty dining, depending on your dining preferences, I would advise you to use specialty dining for Cagneys and/or LeBistro and use the platinum dinners for the "Alternative options" on those little papers, just because Cagney's/LeBistro are more expensive than the other restaurants and you can get more on the menu if you use the dining package vs the platinum dinners.

And also I'd advise just paying for Food Republic ala carte vs using a package option, prices are cheap enough it makes more sense that way imho. (But don't skip Food Republic, one of my favorite specialty dining venues) Last time I paid ala carte for Food Republic, for two people it was 30.00+ tip and we left stuffed. Our "Bills" for the other specialty restaurants were well over 100.00 each (But of course zeroed out because of the package, but they do show an itemized list on the receipt) 

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, jemz1949 said:

Unless they have changed, the platinum dinner certificates are for either LeBistro or Cagneys with the other being for either Moderno or LaCucina.  

The Platinum dinner certificates have changed.  It is now one dinner for two at either Cagney's or LeBistro and the 2nd dinner for two can be for any other specialty restaurant on board (since new ships do not have Moderno or LaCucina).

• Like 2

Last month we received a letter in our cabin saying all Latitudes dining vouchers could be used in any specialty restaurants.  This is due to some Latitudes benefits not being available due to Covid and it is not permanent.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, debenson0723 said:

The Platinum dinner certificates have changed.  It is now one dinner for two at either Cagney's or LeBistro and the 2nd dinner for two can be for any other specialty restaurant on board (since new ships do not have Moderno or LaCucina).

Here's what is really printed on the new certificates. On our Encore cruise in April, the restaurants did not care about the $35 cap. They cared about items with a specialty dining upcharge

image.png.b55ac141a0c86d25f217fd29d5cd8f36.png

image.png.4e47fd91b535b44fd40ff3bd39a5da5a.png

image.png.7feb80a2d07cd0d8f50fc32b72a5dbe9.png

image.png.17ce5603e0f18ad5726d29c15cee9728.png

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Last month we received a letter in our cabin saying all Latitudes dining vouchers could be used in any specialty restaurants.  This is due to some Latitudes benefits not being available due to Covid and it is not permanent.

We got an OBC in lieu of some of the latitudes benefits not being available due to covid. 

On 6/27/2022 at 7:19 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

And also I'd advise just paying for Food Republic ala carte vs using a package option, prices are cheap enough it makes more sense that way imho. (But don't skip Food Republic, one of my favorite specialty dining venues) Last time I paid ala carte for Food Republic, for two people it was 30.00+ tip and we left stuffed. Our "Bills" for the other specialty restaurants were well over 100.00 each (But of course zeroed out because of the package, but they do show an itemized list on the receipt) 

On the Encore in April, one dining package credit was good for 5 items. We used 1 credit for lunch and split the dishes between us (more than enough)

Sea Day 1

Tonkatsu $12

Yellow Tail Roll $16

Lamb Kalbi Gui $18

Elote Mexicano $12

Green Tea Jar $8

Gratuity $13.20

Total Bill $79.20

Paid by SDP $79.20

Sea Day 2

Lamb Kalbi Gui $18

Black Cod Skewers $12

Tiger Roll $18

Ahi Tuna Stack $18

Dark and Story Baba Au Rhum $8

Gratuity $14.20

Total Bill $85.20

Paid by SDP $85.20

image.png.2d4b0571805421f00c8b0b0676a6ea0d.png

image.png.6bdd5fcff710578c803caccf2004c88e.png

image.png.d422ae658569d9e7c8b2c9e95559ed6e.png

image.png.54fbd08241d7c72b55bbb4ac064c84d0.png

image.png.a2ba1a3d49d7cc512e850cd467e5c81b.png

Edited by BirdTravels

This is a document that was received in June by one of our Roll Call members in regards to the new Latitudes dinner vouchers.  Kind of hard to read but the yellow highlighted area states that the 1st voucher can be used at Cagney's, Le Bistro, Onda and Ocean Blue (with a bottle of wine) and the 2nd voucher can be "redeemed at any other specialty dining package qualifying restaurant towards a dinner for two". 

image.thumb.png.4072724b4b7461545aff836b3980d216.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

We got an OBC in lieu of some of the latitudes benefits not being available due to covid. 

Yes, we got that too. 
I prefer the OBC to the behind the scenes tour!