UK Cruisers £100 off £500 NCL spend on Amex

ziggyuk

Just a heads up for UK cruisers.

This is only the second time I have seen this offer in the UK, I had hoped it would come back and it turned up today.

Last time we split our final payment over two cards to double up the saving as we both have Amex cards (expiry 27/09/2022).

As a further non NCL related offer, we booked our flight to New Orleans with United with the Amex offer of £250 off £500 spend (expiry 15/07/2022).

We also booked our an amazing apartment just off Bourbon Street in New Orleans with Marriott (Homes & Villas) using the the Amex offer of £150 off £500 spend (expiry 30/11/2022).

For our New Orleans cruise we should save a total of £1000 with these the three amazing offers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks. I have been checking regularly as we have final payment to make next week. Excellent timing.

Hopefully it will turn up on my wife’s supplementary as well so that we can get £100 off the premium plus package as well. I’ll check later.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, added it to my card.
I notice this in the small print: "Offer valid on journeys departing from the UK."
Last time this offer was around in the UK, I used it for a cruise from Barcelona, don't know if that small print text was present then or not, but the statement credit certainly came through OK.
Got a cruise from Rio booked, will put £500 on my Amex and see if the offer kicks in or not on that.

5 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Thanks. I have been checking regularly as we have final payment to make next week. Excellent timing.

Hopefully it will turn up on my wife’s supplementary as well so that we can get £100 off the premium plus package as well. I’ll check later.

Keith, you can split the final payment by clicking "add additional payment method", as long as final payment is over £1000 you can do 50/50 on each card.

8 minutes ago, thedarklord said:

I notice this in the small print: "Offer valid on journeys departing from the UK."
Last time this offer was around in the UK, I used it for a cruise from Barcelona, don't know if that small print text was present then or not, but the statement credit certainly came through OK.
Got a cruise from Rio booked, will put £500 on my Amex and see if the offer kicks in or not on that.

I had not noticed that, I hope it's OK for us, I don't know what it said last time either.

I have to be honest, Amex does not have very smart systems, they always say you can't buy gift cards but we do it all the time to max out the offers and spend at our leisure in the future.

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Keith, you can split the final payment by clicking "add additional payment method", as long as final payment is over £1000 you can do 50/50 on each card.

Yeah, but as we will be buying the package anyway (and it will cost just over £500) it’s easier to do that instead.

Just checked and she has the offer. £200 off is very handy, especially as our upgrade to an aft penthouse cost almost exactly that amount. 🙂

Just now, KeithJenner said:

Yeah, but as we will be buying the package anyway (and it will cost just over £500) it’s easier to do that instead.

Just checked and she has the offer. £200 off is very handy, especially as our upgrade to an aft penthouse cost almost exactly that amount. 🙂

Perfect 😁
Glad you both have it, that's a tidy saving.

1 hour ago, thedarklord said:

I can’t see how Amex could know that level of detail. As ziggyuk says, they rarely manage to pick those sort of things out regardless of what the T&Cs say.

My guess is that they mean that it must be paid via the UK site/office. I think that person who writes the T&Cs also helps out with the NCL ones, as they are of similar quality. 🙂

• Haha 2

You absolute beauty! I've been checking regularly, including yesterday, hoping this would come back!

We actually used this a few months ago when we first booked our cruise. Both of us had saved it to our card, so we phoned up and did part payments of £500 each and both of them activated the statement credit.

I've been hoping beyond hope they'd do it again, as still got £1300 to pay, so this works out perfectly.

Noted the bit where someone said it says cruises from the UK, which ours isn't, so fingers crossed it works.

Can you pay for excursions over the phone at all? I'm just wondering if I could actually add an excursion to make that final £300 odd balance into £500, then use it on a 3rd card (we each have 2 cards, and are supp card holders on each others, so technically should have the offer available to us 4 times).

8 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Can you pay for excursions over the phone at all? I'm just wondering if I could actually add an excursion to make that final £300 odd balance into £500, then use it on a 3rd card (we each have 2 cards, and are supp card holders on each others, so technically should have the offer available to us 4 times).

I think anything you add before final payment will be included in the final bill so it should work.
It's brilliant you can use it a second time on the same cruise 😂

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 1:58 PM, KeithJenner said:

I have just received the credit. Paid £500 off our Amsterdam-Southampton cruise on Tuesday and credit has hit today. 🙂

Was that paying by phone?

That's what I did last time, and the credit took 4-5 days to come.

Planning on making 2 x part payments this week to take advantage of the offer!

42 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Online.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a part payment online. It only gives me the option to make full payment.

I read somewhere (maybe on here, or possible another post?) about people adding a different payment method and it let them do a part payment, but it didn't seem to give me that option.

I'm clearly being very dim!

1 hour ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a part payment online. It only gives me the option to make full payment.

I read somewhere (maybe on here, or possible another post?) about people adding a different payment method and it let them do a part payment, but it didn't seem to give me that option.

I'm clearly being very dim!

This is from memory as I’m not near my computer. I think that on the website you only have the option of paying in full. On the app you can pay another amount. It has a dollar symbol, but it is pounds. I did it on the app.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 1:58 PM, KeithJenner said:

I have just received the credit. Paid £500 off our Amsterdam-Southampton cruise on Tuesday and credit has hit today. 🙂

Really good to hear, I've banking mine for now and will pay in full (x2) closer to final payment.

Edited by ziggyuk

27 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

This is from memory as I’m not near my computer. I think that on the website you only have the option of paying in full. On the app you can pay another amount. It has a dollar symbol, but it is pounds. I did it on the app.

Didn't even know there was an app, I'll take a look. Thanks so much.

Just to update, paid £500 via the app on Monday (thanks again for the tip!). £100 credit was showing in Amex account today.

Didn't ever get the email to say I'd used the offer, but often don't so wasn't too worried.

Husband has now paid £500 today via his card, so hopefully will be just as quick.

• 4 weeks later...

Just coming back to this....

I know the offer on the Amex site says a single spend, I don't suppose anyone has tried with cumulative spends and had it work at all?

I've got a balance of around £350 left to pay, and one more offer saved on a card. Online, you can't pay for balance and shore excursions at the same time, but I was hoping you might be able to on the phone. Turns out you can't there either due to how their systems are set up. Bit annoying!

I wondered if anyone had tried a cumulative spend, either on purpose or by accident, and had it work?