Upgrade Bid Canceled?

Aixia

I’m sailing on Seashore on July 23 in an Aurea aft suite. Yesterday I got an email stating my upgrade bid (to YC) had been canceled due to a change in my booking. Nothing has changed on my booking, and I’ve double-checked my account numerous times. Strange, but whatever. I re-did my bid, got the confirmation, all was well. Then this morning I get another email saying my new bids were also canceled, and again, “due to a change in your booking”. There are no changes to my booking that I can find. Anyone have this happen before? I’m planning to email PlusGrade, but it seems very strange. 

Had that happen to me with another company.  Turned out the itinerary had changed.  I subsequently managed to bid again as soon as their system was up to date on the change.  Maybe there’s something changing within MSC’s system which is causing up-bids to be cancelled. 

2 hours ago, Aixia said:

I’m sailing on Seashore on July 23 in an Aurea aft suite. Yesterday I got an email stating my upgrade bid (to YC) had been canceled due to a change in my booking. Nothing has changed on my booking, and I’ve double-checked my account numerous times. Strange, but whatever. I re-did my bid, got the confirmation, all was well. Then this morning I get another email saying my new bids were also canceled, and again, “due to a change in your booking”. There are no changes to my booking that I can find. Anyone have this happen before? I’m planning to email PlusGrade, but it seems very strange. 

Received the same email yesterday on my July 9 cruise on Seashore.  Stated that I would receive another opportunity to upgrade in 24 hours.   Strange wording.

6 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Received the same email yesterday on my July 9 cruise on Seashore.  Stated that I would receive another opportunity to upgrade in 24 hours.   Strange wording.

That was the wording on my email when they were informing me my bid had been cancelled.   I then did receive another email inviting me to bid (after being informed of the itinerary change). 

Edited by Beamafar

Hobby3333, mine said the same, that I’d get another email within 24 hours or I could click the link to go to their website. I just clicked the link in that first email and didn’t wait for the new offer.

I submitted again today, I guess we’ll just have to see if I get another cancellation email tomorrow morning.

It doesn’t look like there’s been an itinerary change, but that could be something that doesn’t get updated right away I suppose.

Who knows?    Kinda glad mine was canceled because I am very happy with the original YC location that I have now.  I was bidding mainly for the walk in closet.  Don’t think it is worth the extra $$’s.  Guess I wanted to see if I could get it for a low bid.  

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Who knows?    Kinda glad mine was canceled because I am very happy with the original YC location that I have now.  I was bidding mainly for the walk in closet.  Don’t think it is worth the extra $$’s.  Guess I wanted to see if I could get it for a low bid.  

The walk in closet is actually quite nice.  Also you have a longer room because of the closet so more counter space and storage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I put this in my roll call too, but in case it’s relevant to anyone else dealing with this. Basically every morning around 9 AM my bids would be canceled and I’d redo them. I mostly did Fair and Good bids, but wasn’t always consistent with amounts.

I almost got an upgrade. They put a hold on my card for the amount of my Deluxe Grand bid, emailed that they’d canceled my other bid, and sent me new docs that had my same cabin number but Yacht Club as the experience. I figured they’d update the cabin once the charge went through. The charge never went through on my card, just stayed pending until it fell off. (Though strangely, my available funds haven’t came back.) The upgrade status page now says “Upgrade Unavailable”. I’ve literally gotten new e-tickets every day, some with Yacht Club as the experience and some with Aurea, but always in my original cabin. On the latest one, I’m in my original cabin with original Aurea experience, but on the Special Services page it has Yacht Club listed. Interestingly, it also let me put in a new upgrade bid, for the Deluxe Grand Suite that had been canceled when I got charged for the Deluxe Suite. I guess we’ll see in the coming days if I get that upgrade instead.

I have no idea what we’re really walking into when we get there. It’d be super cool if we got to keep our aft balcony and got YC privileges, but I don’t think they do that.

17 hours ago, Aixia said:

I put this in my roll call too, but in case it’s relevant to anyone else dealing with this. Basically every morning around 9 AM my bids would be canceled and I’d redo them. I mostly did Fair and Good bids, but wasn’t always consistent with amounts.

I almost got an upgrade. They put a hold on my card for the amount of my Deluxe Grand bid, emailed that they’d canceled my other bid, and sent me new docs that had my same cabin number but Yacht Club as the experience. I figured they’d update the cabin once the charge went through. The charge never went through on my card, just stayed pending until it fell off. (Though strangely, my available funds haven’t came back.) The upgrade status page now says “Upgrade Unavailable”. I’ve literally gotten new e-tickets every day, some with Yacht Club as the experience and some with Aurea, but always in my original cabin. On the latest one, I’m in my original cabin with original Aurea experience, but on the Special Services page it has Yacht Club listed. Interestingly, it also let me put in a new upgrade bid, for the Deluxe Grand Suite that had been canceled when I got charged for the Deluxe Suite. I guess we’ll see in the coming days if I get that upgrade instead.

I have no idea what we’re really walking into when we get there. It’d be super cool if we got to keep our aft balcony and got YC privileges, but I don’t think they do that.

You will not get YC benefits and let me guess are you on deck 8?

Even my luggage tags printed for YC but was told it will not be honored.

In my case I booked and paid in full for YC GS and they took it away with no reduction in fare.

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

You will not get YC benefits and let me guess are you on deck 8?

Even my luggage tags printed for YC but was told it will not be honored.

In my case I booked and paid in full for YC GS and they took it away with no reduction in fare.

Not on deck 8. My luggage tags definitely still have my booked cabin on them and say Aurea, the only thing that says YC is that is says "Special Service" and the EXPYCB-Yacht Club description in the Purchased Services section on the e-ticket.

That's crazy what happened to you. Especially since you paid for it in the first place! Did you by any chance use American Express? I've been putting everything for this trip on that card since it doesn't have foreign transaction fees, but it's the only other thing I can think of that could have sent this sideways.

6 hours ago, Aixia said:

Not on deck 8. My luggage tags definitely still have my booked cabin on them and say Aurea, the only thing that says YC is that is says "Special Service" and the EXPYCB-Yacht Club description in the Purchased Services section on the e-ticket.

That's crazy what happened to you. Especially since you paid for it in the first place! Did you by any chance use American Express? I've been putting everything for this trip on that card since it doesn't have foreign transaction fees, but it's the only other thing I can think of that could have sent this sideways.

I did use Amex.

I attached the luggage tag pic here.

PXL_20210925_124436611.MP~3.jpg

Oh wow! It looks like all of my luggage tags in the assorted versions they've sent have said Aurea, even when they had my experience as YC elsewhere.

Interesting that you used Amex too. I wonder if that's where the issue is coming from?

18 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Doubtful.

They just have the worst IT.

Agreed! My second bid is now in limbo. Pending charge on the credit card again this morning, new booking confirmation from MSC that very clearly states YC as the experience, but no new cabin number. It's deja vu all over again. I do not have any confidence that it will work out this time.