Any U.S. guests from the Sky Princess quarantined at a Heathrow hotel right now?

KikiKruiser

(Also posted on the June 11 board)

Wondering if Princess has checked up on you during your Covid quarantine, or did they just drop you off at your Heathrow hotel and tell you when you can fly home?  I understand they are paying for part of the quarantine cost.  

Why would they need to be quarantined ?

Quarantine is no longer needed in the UK, and, afaik, you can fly back to the US even if you are suffering from covid, as testing is no longer required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Why would they need to be quarantined ?

Quarantine is no longer needed in the UK, and, afaik, you can fly back to the US even if you are suffering from covid, as testing is no longer required.

Princess had them quarantine on the ship;  when the cruise ended they bussed them (and other U.S. guests with Covid) to a hotel at Heathrow to finish their quarantine.  They have letters from the ship stating the dates they are OK to fly home (presumably 10 days from first exposure).  Princess is paying part of the quarantine, the rest is up to the guests.  Yes, no testing required anymore to enter to U.S., but  others who went thru the same thing, said  Princess gives the passport info to the CDC to flag them for no entry until quarantine is up. SMH. 😒

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, KikiKruiser said:

Princess had them quarantine on the ship;  when the cruise ended they bussed them (and other U.S. guests with Covid) to a hotel at Heathrow to finish their quarantine.  They have letters from the ship stating the dates they are OK to fly home (presumably 10 days from first exposure).  Princess is paying part of the quarantine, the rest is up to the guests.  Yes, no testing required anymore to enter to U.S., but  others who went thru the same thing, said  Princess gives the passport info to the CDC to flag them for no entry until quarantine is up. SMH. 😒

Did it say this in the letter?

Not doubting the OP, but based on the chaos that has been reported, I'd be surprised if Princess actually reported anything to flag their passports---seems like a stretch. Now, if they used EZ Air, I suppose Princess could not give them return flights until after 10 days?

14 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Did it say this in the letter?

Not doubting the OP, but based on the chaos that has been reported, I'd be surprised if Princess actually reported anything to flag their passports---seems like a stretch. Now, if they used EZ Air, I suppose Princess could not give them return flights until after 10 days?

Because of the chaos onboard (Princess unable to reschedule everyone overnight, and guests unable to reach airlines on their own) Princess finally sent out text instructions for everyone to book their own flights/hotels and send in for reimbursements.  I can’t imagine the enormous expense of it all.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, KikiKruiser said:

I am pretty certain that no testing required is not meant to be interpreted that it is ok to expose others to Covid. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I am pretty certain that no testing required is not meant to be interpreted that it is ok to expose others to Covid. 

If it is five days since your positive test, no problem.