Celebrity Air - KLM cancelled flight but no notification!

duncrieviedude

Due to the UK problems with flights and airports I decided to check that the flights booked through Celebrity hadn’t been affected yet, although there is nearly 3 weeks to go.

The return flight through KLM was only showing the 2nd leg from AMS to EDI, the 1st leg from BCN to AMS was no longer showing. I notified My TA 5 days ago and they still haven’t got back to me, but I finally got through to X to be told that the 1st leg had been cancelled by KLM.

Now in fairness to X, they have now booked us on a totally different route, but it begs the question of when and if, we would have been notified. I’ll never know if it was KLM not notifying X or X not notifying us, but the system has failed miserably somehow. It’s a good job I checked as potentially we could have arrived at BCN and not had a flight home.

Yes you are right, it should have been the TA sorting it but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired as I  found out when trying to get an answer to a previous problem. Sometimes it’s worth just getting stuck in there yourself as in the end we got better flights than we originally which the TA may not have done.

There are tens of thousands of changes by the airlines every DAY. FBC must check to see if the change makes a difference- most do not - then physically call the airlines to arrange for a new flight as needed.

FBC is a consolidator.   It then acts as a TA if it cannot find tickets in a wholesale block that work.

TAs today work backwards evaluating need.  People flying today need attention before those flying tomorrow.  Etc.  Thus your flight three weeks from now, while important to you, was pushed into the future basket.

FWIW, with the chaos of flying today buying thru a consolidator is probably not a great idea.  Too many changes and layers of bureaucracy unless the savings is significant.   Our flight in July to Reykjavik from the US got another change today.  Up to 9 so far!  Our return home from New York we don't even look as lots of flights.  Both booked direct - thus WE GET IMMEDIATE EMAILS.