Cave-tubing.bz

kgc3200

Thank you to everyone that suggested Cave-tubing.bz!  We did the tour with them yesterday and it was amazing!  Luis was an awesome guide, he took you over the small waterfalls and pushed your tube next to them so you could feel the water coming over and you definitely noticed how much further you go down the river than the cruise excursions.  Not to mention the lunch the provided was delicious.

20220629_121126.jpg

20220629_120544.jpg

20220629_120438.jpg

20220629_115540.jpg

20220629_105428.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Can you please give me some specifics on your tour? Time/Place of pick up? How many did you have on the tour? Cost? Length of tour? Did you feel safe the whole time? Is it suitable for "seniors"? Thanks!

On 7/25/2022 at 5:50 PM, lanabanana said:

Can you please give me some specifics on your tour? Time/Place of pick up? How many did you have on the tour? Cost? Length of tour? Did you feel safe the whole time? Is it suitable for "seniors"? Thanks!

Not the OP, but I'll see if I can help.  We did cavetubing.bz a couple of years ago and had a great time; here are my memories.

1. We met the guide just outside the cruise terminal.  We were there early, as per the instructions, but had to wait some time for another group.  Fortunately, we were in an air-conditioned van and the guides were great.

2.  Our group had 7: 4 adults and 3 kids. I think it was $50 per person at that time for the adults and cheaper for the kids.

3.  It's quite a drive to get to there, maybe an hour or so.  Total tour takes about 5 hours, I think.  You start with the cave-tubing, which is awesome, and then we went to a small pavilion where they had lunch (stewed chicken and rice with drinks and rum punch, if desired) and a small shop.  Though I never felt rushed, we ended up being a little behind, so the driver had to hustle to get us back on time.  But we made it time to do a little shopping and grab a drink before last tender.

4.  We absolutely felt safe the entire time.  The area where you get set up to go into the caves is large, with many tour busses and groups.  Staff is very helpful.  

5.  As long as the senior is fairly mobile, yes.  You do have to walk a bit to get to the river, but they'll carry the tubes and highlight interesting plants and stuff along the way.  I don't recall it being a particularly difficult/treacherous walk.  There's just a nice path through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The information that Cuckoo7 gave was spot on!  Meeting location, price, lunch, travel time, etc!!! 

As far as seniors being able to handle it...another group that was doing the walk to the beginning of the cave, had a lady (I swear) she had to of been in her 80's and she was handling it fine.  The guides are great about taking the time that people need and most of the walk is just on flat ground.  

I loved that with a 3rd party excursion, you actually float further than the excursion offered on the cruise ships, you get lunch AND the price is cheap (it is still only $50).  

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to be doing this in Feb. My wife is 57 & a bit prone to heat exhaustion. Do you recall if the trek was canopy covered or prone to direct sunlight? Mitsugirly thanks for the blog links. You are a stand out in regards to contributing & aiding members!

4 hours ago, cleanandsober88 said:

Hope to be doing this in Feb. My wife is 57 & a bit prone to heat exhaustion. Do you recall if the trek was canopy covered or prone to direct sunlight? Mitsugirly thanks for the blog links. You are a stand out in regards to contributing & aiding members!

Thank you so much for your kind words. So many wonderful people have helped me out along my travel journeys and I’m just playing it forward when I’m able to help others.

Most of the walk is in the jungle like area and there will be plenty of trees and shade along the way. I don’t remember a whole lot of areas with direct sun from my memory. 

• Like 1