Has anyone used the MSC travel insurance?

mafig

I didn't purchase through MSC, but from the travel agent when I booked.  However, it is the same company that MSC uses (CSA something). We have filed a claim for our trip last month because we had a flight delayed, which in turn caused us to miss another flight.  I can only tell you that they are very busy and said they wouldn't get to the claim for about 30 days.  We had contact with the company prior to the trip and after we missed our flight and the reps on the phone were helpful.  I'm hoping that we are able to  have a good outcome to our claim as well.

Does MSC require insurance with Covid coverage.

I should know this, but since I hadn't booked yet, I sort of skimmed over those posts.

I seem to recall they did not for US itineraries.

Here where I live a basic MSC insurance package is being bundled onto your base fare with Covid coverage under their "safe travel" initiative, unless you're on a charter group with 3rd party insurance bundled on their base fare. On top of that I always purchase 3rd party insurance because the MSC's package is really very basic and sort of "out of touch" in their terms and conditions and MSC's premium insurance packages sold apart are always worse and more expensive than reliable 3rd party ones.

Covid coverage is now mandatory to go on an MSC cruise.

21 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Covid coverage is now mandatory to go on an MSC cruise.

I thought that changed to not being "required" for overseas cruises.

I was asking for US cruises.

2 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

For US passengers, not required for US or non-US sailings as of July 1. Just look under the Health and Safety Measures.

I should clarify, it was not required for US/US ports.  Only requirement was US/non-US departures.  Now it's not required at all for US passengers.