Pic showing outlets location relative to beds if beds are separated into 2 twins?

SempreMare

Does anyone have a picture showing outlet locations relative to beds if beds are separated into 2 twins

I heard on a YouTube that separating the 1 queen into 2 twins means the side tables move to the middle  Makes sense.

But that must mean I will need extra extra long USB cables that can span from the outlets on the outside of the queen bed to where the end tables would be in the middle separating the split queen-into-2 twins. 

Right? 

Is the queen bed size in all classes of rooms the same size?  I'm in a PS2, but I don't think that would make a difference from the photos I've seen.

I hope my reply is helpful, but I can only share my experience in a DV2 on Viking Mars last month.  I know this is a new ship, so if you will be on an older ship this may not be applicable.  When our beds were separated, they put both end tables on the left side of each bed (not the middle), which made access to one side of the sliding closet almost impossible.  The USB and electrical outlets are embedded into the end tables, and the end tables plug into an outlet in the wall (European outlet). My friend and I are relatively young and strong, so we took it upon ourselves to move the single end table blocking the closet all the way across the cabin to the right side of the second twin bed (near the sitting area).  The end table was heavy, and we also had to lift the somewhat heavy mattresses in order to access the wall outlets, but we discovered that there are THREE outlets for two end tables (one outlet near the closet, one outlet in the middle and one outlet near the sitting area).  Our 'reconfiguration' required us to unplug and move the cord for each of the end tables in order to implement our desired setup, but each of the end tables was close enough to an outlet to be powered in the new location.  If your cabin has this type of configuration, your end table will contain the outlet and you will not need a long cord.

• Like 1

Have you looked at the 360° tours of the cabins on the Viking website? It is under the SHIPS tab.  All the cabins are the same from ship to ship. They don't show cabins with the twin bed set up but it isn't hard to imagine how things will be moved to accommodate twin beds.

For the most part, the night stand and the bed closest to the bathroom will stay where they are while the other bed and night stand will swap positions. However, if you have a another configuration in mind, just ask your steward if it can be done. They are usually quite happy to indulge our whims.

The outlets are in the end tables.  So unless you want to lay in bed to use your tablet while charging it, you will not need extra long cords.  When it is a queen size bed configuration, one table is next to the closet and the other is up against one of the two chairs in the seating area.  There is actually a little space between that table and the closet door.  The space alongside the closet is narrow but plenty of room to get into both doors of the closet.  If that table was left intact and the chair abuting table was placed in-between the beds, it would be perfect.  You can request this configuration and your room steward will make it happen.

If the tables are left in their normal one bed position but the bed separated into two twins with a small walking space between them, then the table alongside the closet would have to be moved right up to the closet door narrowing the access space to the closet.

The Mars should have the 3 drawers inside the closet on one side with a shorter hanging space above.  The other side of the closet should have full length hanging space with floor space for shoes or laundry bag.  What we do to minimize closet usage by two people is the person who gets the bed alongside the closet gets the drawers inside the closet.  The other person gets the drawers in the hallway under the coffee maker.  We both use the hanging space inside the closet.  Each person has a drawer and shelf in their bedside table too.

I think all Viking Ocean ships have been built or outfitted with the 3 closet drawers now except the Star and Sea.  Heard the Sky was outfitted with them last fall.

• Thanks 1