Kissimmee to Tampa transportation for 2

NSPenny

What options have cruisers tried getting from a Kissimmee hotel to a hotel near the Tampa cruise port (not booked yet)?  Any recent recommendations?   

Also, I'm sure that there are many posts about Tampa hotels but what are the top choices with easy access to the cruise port.  Only need it for 1 night.

One way car rental is your best bet to get to Tampa.

We like hotels in the Rocky Point area - nice views of the bay and lots of dining options.  Check out Chase Suites and others.  Lots of hotels in the Westshore area near the TPA airport - I have stayed at the Embassy Suites when in town on business and was happy.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:19 PM, NSPenny said:

What options have cruisers tried getting from a Kissimmee hotel to a hotel near the Tampa cruise port (not booked yet)?  Any recent recommendations?   

Also, I'm sure that there are many posts about Tampa hotels but what are the top choices with easy access to the cruise port.  Only need it for 1 night.

Amtrak has a train from Kissimmee to Tampa that is pretty cheap.  As for hotels I would recommend staying in the Channelside or Downtown area....many hotel choices. Both are very convenient and close to both the Tampa Amtrak station and cruise port.

• 5 weeks later...

I am also looking for transportation from Disneyworld to Port of Tampa. We want a shuttle service or transportation company that will pick us up and drive us to the Port of Tampa. We do not want to rent a car. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you

Since it's non-cruise related, have you asked the question on Google?

At one time I was looking for transportation from the east coast of FL to Port of Tampa, and several car / limo services came up as options, both east coast based and Tampa based. 

Disney provides pretty good customer service, you could also call and ask the hotel concierge for recommendations to get to the port from their hotel. I'm sure your situation is not unique. 

Any good front desk or concierge will have a list of frequently requested services to recommend. 

7 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Since it's non-cruise related, have you asked the question on Google?

At one time I was looking for transportation from the east coast of FL to Port of Tampa, and several car / limo services came up as options, both east coast based and Tampa based. 

Disney provides pretty good customer service, you could also call and ask the hotel concierge for recommendations to get to the port from their hotel. I'm sure your situation is not unique. 

Any good front desk or concierge will have a list of frequently requested services to recommend. 

I felt it was cruise related as I need to know how to get to the cruise port. I have done a google search. However, where I am not familiar with the area I thought I would reach out to those that possibly knew the best way to get from point A to B. A recommendation from someone who knows transportation companies.

As for Disney transportation their front desk does not know services to Tampa from there. The transportation that they used to use for the cruises only went to Port Canaveral. 

We used to have a guy Michael from executive transportation. He did the loop several times for us. However, I do not believe he is still in business. So I was hoping someone on these boards could assist me. 

Thank you in advance for anyone who could assist me.

We've used these services:

A1A Limo:

https://a1alimo.com/car-service-orlando/

Have used them several times in different cities.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle:

https://cocoabeachshuttle.com/our-fleet/

If you want a sedan, be very specific when making the reservation. Our hotel made the reservation and although we requested a sedan, we ended up with a very uncomfortable van for 2 people.

NJLVW - don't know where you live in Massachusetts, but when we lived in the west suburbs we would take a cab or Logan Express to the airport, then treat ourselves to the excellent livery service of Le Limo when we arrived back in Boston. It was a wonderful way to end a cruise!

EatonDoolittle - the OP and NJLVW basically asked the same question since Kissimee is adjacent to Orlando, the location of Disney World. They just used different geographic references for their starting point. End destination is basically the same for both inquiries.

4 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

W

EatonDoolittle - the OP and NJLVW basically asked the same question since Kissimee is adjacent to Orlando, the location of Disney World. They just used different geographic references for their starting point. End destination is basically the same for both inquiries.

Yes, I realize that. Unsure of your point.

I was not aware,  however, that the Cocoa Beach shuttle also does an Orlando to Tampa run. 

10 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

We've used these services:

A1A Limo:

https://a1alimo.com/car-service-orlando/

Have used them several times in different cities.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle:

https://cocoabeachshuttle.com/our-fleet/

If you want a sedan, be very specific when making the reservation. Our hotel made the reservation and although we requested a sedan, we ended up with a very uncomfortable van for 2 people.

NJLVW - don't know where you live in Massachusetts, but when we lived in the west suburbs we would take a cab or Logan Express to the airport, then treat ourselves to the excellent livery service of Le Limo when we arrived back in Boston. It was a wonderful way to end a cruise!

Thank you for the info. Will reach out to them this week.

We usually fly out of TF Green as it is an easier airport for us. Parking isn’t to bad there either and closer to home.