Mardi Gras Sauna....

topaz123

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

Does the Mardi Gras have the sauna connected to the men's locker room/shower area....similar to Horizon setup, etc.  Complimentary ?

No. There is a CO-ED sauna that's accessible from the rear of the Men's Spa Locker Room. You go through the rear door and make a left. The Sauna is directly opposite from the Woman's Spa Locker Room rear door. The sauna has a glass door and can hold 6 comfortably, 8 if you want to get cosy. The Panorama is the last new build ship to include Single sex saunas. Even with the refurbed Sunshine Class the Sunshine was the only ship to include a single sex sauna in the Spa locker rooms. Starting with the Sunrise they only installed a Co-Ed Sauna in the Locker room area.

Attached is a photo of the Co-ed Sauna on the Mardi Gras. Just like all the other Carnival ships, the Spa locker rooms and this particular sauna is available to all passengers regardless if you have a Thermal Suite Pass or not. On the Excel Class ships it's not apparent that the Cloud Nine Spa locker rooms are accessible to everyone. 

PXL_20210908_201745812 (1).jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I guess swimwear is mandatory then, not just a towel. I was on the Sunshine and they had the seperate M/F sauna, but the steam room was part of the upgraded thermal suites to which i had a Spa Cabin. I will be on the Oct 1st sailing on marti Gras with same type cabin booked. 

2 hours ago, navyvet8395 said:

So I guess swimwear is mandatory then, not just a towel. I was on the Sunshine and they had the seperate M/F sauna, but the steam room was part of the upgraded thermal suites to which i had a Spa Cabin. I will be on the Oct 1st sailing on marti Gras with same type cabin booked. 

While I agree most people would wear a bathing suit in those situations you could technically go in with just a towel wrapped tightly so nothing that should not be showing is exposed. The same can be said about the co-ed thermal suites on many Carnival ships. The point is not to expose parts of your body that shouldn't be. If you can do that with just a towel that's just fine too. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:43 PM, navyvet8395 said:

I watched a Youtube video that someone posted, they said that the mens and Womans lockerroom had seperate Saunas. Of course, the guy said he didnt find it till the last day of the cruise. I will find it if its there,  a few hours after I get onboard. LOL. If not, no big deal.