Folding Scooter Question

sue.young

I am considering a EV Rider Folding scooter, watching videos and reading reviews indicate it can do  A 4 degree incline. Could anyone who has used this scooter on on the ship tell me if you can use it boarding the ship at the terminal in Fort Lauderdale or Miami , not asking about the gang plank boarding at the ports. I don’t want to have to push the scooter up to board the ship. 

Is the another folding scooter you would recommend ?

I have also considered the Solax Transformer as it show it can do a 15 degree incline. 

Thanks

Edited by sue.young

I have owned a mobility scooter since 2010.  Because we lived in Florida, we never had problems because we never had to fly to cruise and we installed a lift to carry the ECV.  The ECV had a high clearance, so it was never a problem going over the hinged portion of the ramp.  However, since moving to Hawaii, my scooter weighs 174 lb and is difficult to carry and transport.  So, we are selling both the scooter & lift, and will be purchasing a lightweight, foldable, electric wheelchair.  It folds to the size of a suitcase and weighs approximately 58 lb. with the batteries, and 50 lb without the batteries which are easy to remove.  It is also TA-& FAA-approved for airlines & cruises.  It holds up to 400 lb and much more manageable in restrooms and tight areas and can be used for many shore excursions, unlike ECVs.  I would recommend researching them as an option.

I love my scooter, but traveling by air is now a much better option with a folding electric wheelchair.  I was tossed between the Eagle, the Falcon, and the Fold and Go, and decided on the Falcon which is the same as the Eagle, but the back can recline if you are tired of sitting straight up.  I decided against the Fold and Go because you can only buy replacement parts from them.  Also I was disappointed to find out that it is made in China, while it was implying that it is made here in the USA.  Apparently, no folding electric wheelchair is made in the USA.  Anyway, we’re flying to Orlando in August and will purchase the Falcon 2 weeks before we get there.  It will be shipped to our daughter’s home in Florida.  We’ll then take it back to Hawaii when we return home.

Best to you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 6:23 AM, sue.young said:

I am considering a EV Rider Folding scooter, watching videos and reading reviews indicate it can do  A 4 degree incline. Could anyone who has used this scooter on on the ship tell me if you can use it boarding the ship at the terminal in Fort Lauderdale or Miami , not asking about the gang plank boarding at the ports. I don’t want to have to push the scooter up to board the ship. 

Is the another folding scooter you would recommend ?

I have also considered the Solax Transformer as it show it can do a 15 degree incline. 

Thanks

I have an EV rider .  I have not yet used it on a ship but did use it in Ashville NC navigating  a pretty steep hill coming out of a outdoor Restaurant and Brewery.  It went up that hill without a problem.  Will be taking it on the Marti Gras in February for the first time. Hope this is a little helpful 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Falcon Reclining Electric Wheelchair was delivered last week to my daughter in Florida.  I call it my “Pink Chariot”.  I got here on Sunday and have been practicing in the house.  So different from having an ECV.  Pros and cons for both.  The big plus is traveling on a plane is so much simpler with the EWC.  Learning to use a joystick is challenging after using an ECV for12 years.  I feel like everything is in reverse.  🤪