Denali Tours

cottagelady

We are booked on a cruise tour in August.  Our tour in Denali is the National History Tour I wanted  to do the Tundra Wilderness tour that goes further into the park and my travel agent is saying that tour is not available but the Park web site has is listed.  Has anyone done the cruise tour recently with Princess and did that tour. i know that one is alittle but more expensive and I tried to change it with Princess and they said I had to go through my travel agent.

I did it a couple of weeks ago.

I went to guest services at the Denali Lodge and wanted to change to the Tundra Wilderness tour that was scheduled for the next day.   She couldn't get hold of anyone there at the time but called me back about an hour later and said there was no availability. 

I went there again a couple hours later, spoke to a guy who called and really pushed for them to "find a seat for us."  He did!  And it was a better time for us; the first was about 8 am and the one we got was about 2 pm so we didn't have to rush in the morning.  It was something like $35-$50 more per person. 

2 hours ago, cottagelady said:

We are booked on a cruise tour in August.  Our tour in Denali is the National History Tour I wanted  to do the Tundra Wilderness tour that goes further into the park and my travel agent is saying that tour is not available but the Park web site has is listed.  Has anyone done the cruise tour recently with Princess and did that tour. i know that one is alittle but more expensive and I tried to change it with Princess and they said I had to go through my travel agent.

Keep in mind that because of a rock slide that crossed the road that tour does not go anywhere near into the park as it used to do.

We did the Tundra wilderness tour a week ago. Yes, you don’t go as far as before, we turned around and could see where the slide is. However, we had an excellent guide and saw the state bird, Dall sheep, caribou, and moose. It’s a 5 hour trip but still well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks our tour begins 8/16 and we told our travel agent AAA to book us on that tour.  we are doing the land tour first  and then the cruise.  I.m a little concerned that we have to test before we start the land portion and then again before we get on the ship but we have been to Alaska before in 1989 and saw the inside passage so the land part is what I'm excited about.  If we test positive before the cruise part at least its something we have already seen