Wish 3 vs 4 night

wanderlust0713

Hi! I’m platinum on carnival, but looking to take my daughter on her first cruise at the end of February for her 3rd birthday. She’ll technically be 2 at sailing. 

Besides the obvious, do you lose anything doing only the 3 night? I really want to make sure we can dine in arrendelle 

You'll be at each restaurant on a 3-night so you won't miss anything.  

Other than that, its missing a sea day and basically having to leave the ship much too soon.  

On 7/10/2022 at 2:16 AM, sergel02 said:

You might not get to explore more of the ship. You will miss some of the specialty dining though like Palo unless you skip one of the main dining rooms.

Considering the fact that they are taking a two-year old, it doesn't sound like they will be doing Palo or Enchante. So they won't miss Arendale.

I would choose the 4-day over the 3-day in a heartbeat. Three days is just not enough time to enjoy the ship, especially with no sea day unless you don't get off in Nassau.

There are a few 3-nights that have a day at sea and a visit to Castaway Cay.  

The disadvantage is basically just a shorter cruise; many just don’t get into vacation mode before they have to leave. And there’s the cost of travel to cruise cost ratio.

But there is the unknown of how anyone will react to cruising.  An extra 24 hours if someone is sick, grumpy, upset by new surroundings is a miserable day.

Three nights are typically weekends, F-M. Four nights, M-F.  Depends on work schedules.

Disney weekend cruises do not typically have the same party atmosphere you find on other carriers.

Time of year really is more of a determining factor as to demographics. We sailed late April and saw very few school age kids-teens.  The children were mainly pre-school.  Makes for a very peaceful vacation.

As stated above, you will dine in each of the three Main Dining Rooms (MDR) on any cruise.  Each restaurant has its own menu that everyone gets when they eat there. For the 4-night, you will repeat one of the venues, but will have a Pirate-themed menu (the entire ship has the same offering).

Oh, yeah - 4-night should have a Pirate  Night with fireworks.  That might be the significant difference.

Have a great time.  

The 3 night is really only two full days plus embarkation day  which is just a few hours.  It feels very short and very rushed (I just sailed the DVC 3 night charter on the Wish).  

Do the 4 night, for sure.  

After reading reviews (a lot of people not so happy with the Wish), I booked a cruise for January.  🥳. Might not make sense, but nothing of what they didn’t like would bother me.  And things that look very promising. 

(My cabin is on the pool deck / buffet / quick service dining - so just walk down the hall and out to fun.)

My sister already booked a 4-night, but I am doing a 3-night - thanks to price (total budget, not per-night).

This is not my first 3-night, so I know to expect the unpack - repack feeling. 

But I will get a night in each of the MDRs and no Pirate Menu dinner (not my favorite).  The new menus look more promising than the rest of the fleet. After years of sailing on the new and future cruises, these new menus will probably seem ho-hum, too.

Plotting a day or two at WDW after the cruise for EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts.