Crown Alaska itinerary change question???

llarsen

Hi, 

We are sailing on the Crown Aug 6th to Alaska. 

I know the Crown has been having propulsion issues and missed some ports. 

Also, it appears that the July sailings have had itinerary changes. 
August sailings are still showing the original itinerary. 

I’m wondering how soon those who had their itinerary  changed were notified of this?

I can’t tell if the problem has been solved for August sailings, or if they are going to tell us we have itinerary changes a week before our cruise? 

For those who have already sailed, how far in advance of your sailing were  you notified of the port changes? 

Thank You!

I watch a lot of YouTube cruise vlogs. It seems she is making all her ports now. My fav YouTuber just went on Holland Lines and said Crown was in all ports and doing much better from what her viewers who have sailed say. I sail Crown 2 weeks after you.

• Like 1

I believe the last 2 Crown cruises have made the changed itinerary and all on time, and watching her performance on CruiseMapper the Crown is achieving 20 knots pretty regularly. It does appear that the Crown propulsion issues are improving, and hopefully for your cruise in August she will return to the original itinerary. As far as notice of itinerary change we were on the May7th and we found out a week before but I wouldn’t compare ours to what is occurring now. Hopefully the Crown continues to improve, enjoy! 

• Like 3

As JeffT237 mentioned, it seems Crown may be working out the issues, so our notifications may not be relevant.  We were on the June 11th and found out about 30 days out that Ketchikan was being subbed for Icy Point.  We never received any notice when the time in Juneau was changed from 1200 to 1430, then 1630, then 1730.  It just showed up in the Cruise Planner.  Then about 2 weeks out we got an email about the time in Juneau and dropping Icy Point that would affect the next four cruises, which were May 28th, June 4th, 11th (ours), and 18th.  Our tour provider in Juneau notified us before Princess did of the change.

• Like 1

It seems that some of the May and June Crown cruises got some FCC or on-board credit because of the missing or delayed ports. I would be asking for something while on board. Especially if I bought the cruise before the changes. 

sightcrr.