LIVE SBS Suite Life Review: Sky 7/11/22 & Breakaway 7/17/22

HBCcruiser

Time to finish packing. We can get off late - around 9:30 tomorrow. All we are doing is heading to our hotel, so no rush. We board the Breakaway Sunday which gives us time in South Beach!

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Thank you for a great and thorough review. I'll be on Sky in a forward suite in August. Is Efren still concierge? Did you find the bars and wine list fully stocked or were items missing?

Yes Efren is still the Concierge and he is fabulous! One of the best we have had! We had no problem getting the brand of wine and drinks we wanted. Not all bars catty certain brands but they were available if I wanted them. Enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

All checked into the Hilton. We all tested negative so ready for round 2 on the Breakaway Sunday!!

3BF729A1-1736-4491-A581-B65F60275B8A.jpeg

At a quick glance I thought I was looking at a pregnancy test. I'm not used to these home test kits for Covid yet. Lateral flow test = pregnancy still to me.

Lab brain needs another vacation... I'm seeing work related stuff everywhere I look. Glad there were no 'surprises' for both types of tests.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

At a quick glance I thought I was looking at a pregnancy test. I'm not used to these home test kits for Covid yet. Lateral flow test = pregnancy still to me.

Lab brain needs another vacation... I'm seeing work related stuff everywhere I look. Glad there were no 'surprises' for both types of tests.

I’m too old for that, but my girls… well they’d have some ‘splainin’ to do!

• Haha 4

Enjoyed reading about your cruise on the Sky! Can’t wait to go along with you on the Breakaway!  With regard to the Premium Plus Beverage package, did you feel they had ample wine choices?  I drink mostly wine and the selection for just the regular package seems to be getting smaller and smaller.  Was Veuve available in only a few bars and Le Bistro?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gatorchinsky said:

Enjoyed reading about your cruise on the Sky! Can’t wait to go along with you on the Breakaway!  With regard to the Premium Plus Beverage package, did you feel they had ample wine choices?  I drink mostly wine and the selection for just the regular package seems to be getting smaller and smaller.  Was Veuve available in only a few bars and Le Bistro?

100% YES! Totally worth it. Why? Every lunch and dinner we could each order a bottle of higher-end wine (Veuve Clicquot champagne, Silverado Cabernet, La Crema Chardonnay…) and get the entire bottle to take back to your cabin. They label all included wines P+ so you’ll  know what you can have by the bottle, but there are some really great selections. Granted, I can’t get bottles of Dom free under the P+, but I’m VERY happy with the selections! Also, when my DDs went to Bliss and asked for a shot, they gave doubles, no issue. Others without the P+ were given a regular sized shot. Basically, you can get what you want and as as much as you want. It was awesome. I’ll see how it is on the BA, but I can bet it is the same. Well worth it IMO, especially if you are a wine lover. I’ll take pics of the wine list on the BA. That may help you. 

I could get Veuve at all restaurants and many bars. Just not the pool bars as I remember. My DDs were drinking glasses of Veuve at Bliss the last night and had as many as they wanted. Of course they were hating life during disembarkation but that is how we learn 😂

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

100% YES! Totally worth it. Why? Every lunch and dinner we could each order a bottle of higher-end wine (Veuve Clicquot champagne, Silverado Cabernet, La Crema Chardonnay…) and get the entire bottle to take back to your cabin. They label all included wines P+ so you’ll  know what you can have by the bottle, but there are some really great selections. Granted, I can’t get bottles of Dom free under the P+, but I’m VERY happy with the selections! Also, when my DDs went to Bliss and asked for a shot, they gave doubles, no issue. Others without the P+ were given a regular sized shot. Basically, you can get what you want and as as much as you want. It was awesome. I’ll see how it is on the BA, but I can bet it is the same. Well worth it IMO, especially if you are a wine lover. I’ll take pics of the wine list on the BA. That may help you. 

I could get Veuve at all restaurants and many bars. Just not the pool bars as I remember. My DDs were drinking glasses of Veuve at Bliss the last night and had as many as they wanted. Of course they were hating life during disembarkation but that is how we learn 😂

This is exactly what I wanted to hear!  It definitely makes me really lean toward upgrading. I would love if you could take pics of the wine lists on the BA.  We are cruising on the Getaway in September so since the BA and GA are basically the same ship I’m sure the menus will be the same.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Miami!  Again, looking forward to your BA cruise!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

This is exactly what I wanted to hear!  It definitely makes me really lean toward upgrading. I would love if you could take pics of the wine lists on the BA.  We are cruising on the Getaway in September so since the BA and GA are basically the same ship I’m sure the menus will be the same.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Miami!  Again, looking forward to your BA cruise!

So my DDs just told me that if they asked for Veuve at ANY bar, the staff would go find it for them. That’s amazing service!