Dining advice for those who sail in Royal & Penthouse suites

sfoltz

On 7/9/2022 at 9:20 PM, asnaleah said:

We enjoy Luminae so much we rarely eat in specialty restaurants even when included because of sailing in a Royal suite. Murano is good once or twice, but I can skip Tuscan. Porch is great for lunches!

I fully agree.  Luminae is almost always the best choice. 

The show on Le Petit Chef is cute if you've never seen it, (maybe lunch) but the food is just ok - be sure it is at least the steak and lobster. Tuscan Grill view is nice if you dine before dark, but the food is just okay, usually no flavor, just tons of salt, unless you specifically mention zero or low salt.  The porch is super good for lunches, especially if you enjoy seafood.  Plus of course you can plan with your (butler) Retreat Host to dine in your cabin or on the balcony.  Murano is elegant and delicious.   Lawn Club Grill is very good, but it is not on Equinox they have the Hot Glass show in that area.  We have not tried the Chef's Table, there is just so much delicious food that it is tough to choose.  And in the Royal Suite, your "Host" or the Retreat Concierge will be sure you have everything you like.  I hope you enjoy this cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

After your sailing I hope you'll post your comparison, we have considered Regent, but not followed through with a booking.  It just seems like if the itinerary is similar, you get so much more with Celebrity for the prices.  Equinox is wonderful, as are the other S Class Ships - especially Silhouette, we love the retreat deck there, and think Reflection will be even better than it already is when it is updated.  

We were discussing this tonight…Celebrity offers the Royal suite which is comparable in size to the Regent penthouse suites. Celebrity pricing is much lower. Regent includes everything and it’s shore excursions. So..the comparison will be food and service. At our age, we no longer care where we go …but look for a luxurious environment, great food and wonderful service. 
I will let you know!

sheila

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I disagree on le petit chef I love the show and see it ever year , agree food might be better in other restaurants but show is worth it.

Yes, food is definitely subjective. I have always had a good time at Le Petit Chef, the show is very cute -- we have eaten there on four cruises.  If we are with someone who hasn't eaten there, we would go back, so they can see the show and enjoy a meal.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 10:28 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

They were only in a sky suite.

Oh no, how did they cope only being in a sky suite, poor things 😂😂😂😂🤪🤪🤪

On 7/21/2022 at 8:51 PM, George C said:

I disagree on le petit chef I love the show and see it ever year , agree food might be better in other restaurants but show is worth it.

Given the show, how difficult is it to order non-standard items (i.e. due to food allergies or just plain picky eaters)?  I know the food won't match the video, but will the restaurant accommodate?

On 7/21/2022 at 9:27 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We were discussing this tonight…Celebrity offers the Royal suite which is comparable in size to the Regent penthouse suites. Celebrity pricing is much lower. Regent includes everything and it’s shore excursions. So..the comparison will be food and service. At our age, we no longer care where we go …but look for a luxurious environment, great food and wonderful service. 
I will let you know!

sheila

The Regent ships are much more luxurious (some may say over the top with all the marble, etc...?), but also a totally different vibe and only 700-750 people.  That works for some but not for others.  When pricing it out, don't forget to also adjust for the pre-cruise hotel that comes with the Regent Penthouse suites.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Given the show, how difficult is it to order non-standard items (i.e. due to food allergies or just plain picky eaters)?  I know the food won't match the video, but will the restaurant accommodate?

No problem swapping out items if you advise in advance, but it's definitely not the same experience.

35 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

I don’t normally stay with the prime menu for all the courses , I pick and choose between primary and alternative menu , it’s still fun , I will definitely keep on going to this restaurant if I am in penthouse or sky suite.

34 minutes ago, George C said:

I don’t normally stay with the prime menu for all the courses , I pick and choose between primary and alternative menu , it’s still fun , I will definitely keep on going to this restaurant if I am in penthouse or sky suite.

Thanks canderson/GeorgeC!  We're in a PS next month and figure we'd give it a shot--but between my food allergies, my wife's (different) food allergies and my kids' pickiness (which they never did seem to outgrow!) I want to be sure it would still work.