Chances of getting late dinner time

sconde

Hello!  

Close to possibly booking an extremely last minute cruise.  I NEVER book last minute but had to await biopsy and scan results(no sign of cancer THANK GOD) So I am looking at a cruise on either July 30 or Aug 6th on Seashore.  Question is on the July one looks like all Aurea(sp) are booked so cannot get a guarantee dinner slot but can on August sailing.

Question is if I put in for request for late dinner slot what are the chances it will be honored?  We always always eat a late dinner at home and would hate the early dinner time.  Can anyone let me know your experience?  It might sway me to book the August just for the guarantee although hubby prefers the July ports.  Any help appreciated!!!

Stephanie

Super easy peasy in the Caribbean. Since MSC dining times are later than other cruise lines to begin with most families traveling w/ kids will opt for early dining (which can be as "late" at 6:30).  2nd seating is 8:15 or 8:30.  

It's a 50/50 call if you get assigned late dining to begin with.  In the chance that you don't, go to the MDR on embarkation day around 2pm (times will be posted) and change to late dining with the Maitre D'.  

In Europe, the situation and generally reversed with late dining being preferred (in my experience.)

• Like 2

Thanks so much!  I actually have 3 kids but they hate to eat early.  We are Portuguese living in the states so tend to go with the late dinner as was we were accustomed.  Thanks so much for letting me know.

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

In Europe, the situation and generally reversed with late dining being preferred (in my experience.)

Depends on. From Barcelona of cause. In Northern Europe defintely not. 

But in the Med and the three sessions on the Mera I got the shock of my life with a 10:15 pm dinner time printed on my cruise ticket. Called them and they changed. To a 5:30 pm dinner time which I also not liked and not knew before seeing it printed on my cruise card. On board was no problem to get the middle session.

You will have no problem getting a late dinner time :).  The ship cruises out of Florida, has many Floridians, and folks in that State think its fine to eat dinner at 4:30pm (cannot possibly miss their "Early Bird").  Many other Americans now like to eat their dinner at tea time.   On the Seabourn board (here on CC) there have been some whining that Seabourn does not even open their MDR until 7pm.  Oh, the horror!

Hank