Somerset long Beach or daniels head?

ARI421

2 years ago we took a bus ti Somerset long beach.Beach.. while it was amazing, we swam with turtles and basically had the whole beach to ourselves! Luckily no one had to pee. There was one Porta potato was literally over flowing with waste.  Does anyone have any updated info on this beach or daniels head next door?

Thanks 

ARI421, I think I am on your cruise. 🙂  It sounds amazing to have been swimming with turtles on an empty beach but I'm guessing with the Cup Match tournament happening on the west side of the island this year, it will not be so quiet this time around.  Would love to hear responses on this too.  Thanks for posting the question!

1 hour ago, LuvCruising88 said:

ARI421, I think I am on your cruise. 🙂  It sounds amazing to have been swimming with turtles on an empty beach but I'm guessing with the Cup Match tournament happening on the west side of the island this year, it will not be so quiet this time around.  Would love to hear responses on this too.  Thanks for posting the question!

Not to hijack the thread but if I were there when Cup Match is happening I would be checking it out some Cup Match events. They are happening as you say on the west end in Somerset. As for updated info on the two beaches I have not heard of anything being different than 2 years ago other than someone saying they went  and were disappointed they saw no turtles. I would not take that to mean though there are no turtles or would be none. They may have been feeding somewhere else that day. 

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cruisingbooboo said:

Was it a public bus you took? Do you remember how long it took form the Naval Dockyard? or is there a better way to get there? going in August and I am interested in finding a better beach than Horseshoe.

Thanks

You take either a #7 or #8 public bus. Get off at Somerset Village. That is about a 15 minute ride from the Dockyard. Then you have about a ten minute walk from the bus stop to Somerset Long Bay.

Edited by Charles4515