What Cruise Company?

tapia

You can definately do both areas in 6 days- easy. I would suggest however that you consider a HAL ship that goes to both Glacier Bay and College Fjords, since it goes to Seward, then either start or end your interior touring there.

I'd probably much prefer princess since I've cruised with them before.

How far is "Anchorage (Whittier), Alaska" from Seward? (That seems to be where Princess Alaska tours leave from....

Thank you!

Thank you everyone for your help!

I've been massively researching everything on what to see and what to do. But, transportation is illuding me a little bit.......

If I can take a train from Anchorage to Denali and then another train from Denali to Seward (the 7 am one I believe), can I take another train/something from Seward to the Kenai Princess Lodge or around there? Would all of that be cheaper than renting a car? I'd MUCH prefer not to have to drive and to just see the scenery....but, is it worth it? Also, then how would I get to Whitter from Kenai Princess? (I would guess there would be some sort of princess transfer, right?)'

THANKS for the help!

Thank you everyone for your help!

I've been massively researching everything on what to see and what to do. But, transportation is illuding me a little bit.......

If I can take a train from Anchorage to Denali and then another train from Denali to Seward (the 7 am one I believe), can I take another train/something from Seward to the Kenai Princess Lodge or around there? Would all of that be cheaper than renting a car? I'd MUCH prefer not to have to drive and to just see the scenery....but, is it worth it? Also, then how would I get to Whitter from Kenai Princess? (I would guess there would be some sort of princess transfer, right?)'

THANKS for the help!

For clairfication the train routes are Anchorage/Talkeetna/Denlai Park/Fairbanks, and a completely different train Anchoage/Girdwood/Seward.

If you want to go to Seward, skip the Kenai Princess, it's 45 miles away and no activities except fishing and rafting. Stay in Seward. From Seward to Whittier you can take PJ's taxi.

Thank you for the help budget queen!

After researching and looking at everything, I definately want to go to Seward.

I was thinking of:

Fly into Anchorage & take a train into Denali right away. Does this take a long time and do they have multiple times depending on when I get in? I know it's about 300 miles....but, that's it.

Stay the night at Denali Princess Lodge ($200 a night - get a night for free with toursaver). The next morning go into Denali national park for the tour: Is the one below good?

TUNDRA WILDERNESS TOUR - 6 to 8 hour tour through some of the most spectacular scenery in the world. Tour drivers, educated and trained as naturalists, provide colorful information about the land and its animals. Drivers stop to point out geographical features and animals. Travel 53 miles into Denali National Park to the Toklat River. Hourly rest stops. Price includes park entrance fee and box lunch w/ beverage. $93

Stay another night at Denali Princess Lodge

Train/Drive to Seward & stay the night. (I still haven't decided if a rental car of train is the best way to go....)

Do the Kenai water trip

<http://www.kenaifjords.com/733.cfm>

Which tour is the best?

Stay the night.

<http://www.alaskadogsled.com/availabletours/overnight/>

$ 498.20 per person for the overnight tour

$ 413.40 per person for the Dog Sled Tour

Should I skip this night & go straight to Kenai and do the helicopter/dog sled excursion in Junea? Or should I stay another night for something else and still do the dog sled ride in Junea?

Drive to Kenai Princess Lodge in the AM & fish, white water raft, whatever & stay the night.

I would really like to go white water rafting and getting to do what I can here that is worth-while. Any ideas anyone? Is there an ATV adventure or something here?

Wake up & spend time wherever & get to the ship. (2 hours to Whitter-is this correct?)

This makes up either 5 or 6 nights which is what I have. Does everyone think this works? Any ideas?

I've been looking at what everyone else has to say and trying to research as much as I can, but I'm still a bit lost....... HELP PLEASE?!

[Perhaps I should create another thread, as I seemed to have lost my topic with this one?]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Archived