Canadian Snowbirds Association and Medipac

unclekinny

I did ask this as part of another post, but it might not be noticed:

I am starting to look at Medipac which is the provider used by The Canadian Snowbirds Association. Does anyone have any experience good or bad or otherwise with Medipac?

I appreciate all the help!

49 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

I have check this site myself, rates are low, which sort of gives you an uneasy feeling, but googled reviews and they for the most part are positive.

Cthy651:

I agree there's a wee bit of caution here as well. But I am a Manulife client for financial issues and they have been reliable for the past 10+ years I have been with them.

Thanks!

I just got a quote from them and they used manulife . 

I thought it was reasonable .

I just discovered if you are over 65 you have to have no changes to your meds within 180 days . It was 90 days up to 65 years of age.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, loman said:

I just discovered if you are over 65 you have to have no changes to your meds within 180 days . It was 90 days up to 65 years of age.

That’s why I went with TuGo. My post-retirement medical plan has a 9 month stability clause on their travel medical portion, which is pretty useless to me. TuGo allowed me to add a 7 day stability rider to their usual 180 day provision, and I now have coverage for my current trip to Africa, a barge and cycle trip in Europe in the fall, and a trip to the US southwest in the winter, as well as any trips to the US to visit my sister. 

One other thing that changes when you turn 65 is length of time your credit card may offer for travel insurance . It drops to the first  4 days and you need to top it up . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loman said:

Thanks. Very good to know. That's me now at 67!

43 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

That’s why I went with TuGo. My post-retirement medical plan has a 9 month stability clause on their travel medical portion, which is pretty useless to me. TuGo allowed me to add a 7 day stability rider to their usual 180 day provision, and I now have coverage for my current trip to Africa, a barge and cycle trip in Europe in the fall, and a trip to the US southwest in the winter, as well as any trips to the US to visit my sister. 

Thanks, I'Il check that out.

5 minutes ago, loman said:

One other thing that changes when you turn 65 is length of time your credit card may offer for travel insurance . It drops to the first  4 days and you need to top it up . 

Yes, we used to have 14 days, but now is only 3 on CIBC Visa I believe. Thanks