Alcohol On Beaches

geegee1

8 minutes ago, geegee1 said:

Are alcoholic drinks allowed on the public beaches? 

All beaches (or a portion of all beaches) in Bermuda are technically public. I believe the short answer to the question is no, but then it gets fuzzy.

You can purchase and consume alcohol from a permitted establishment (much like anywhere) and I believe the concessionaire at Horseshoe Bay does possess a permit. There are a bunch of hotel establishments right on the beach around the island that sell alcohol. But I believe the letter of the law is that they be consumed immediately there and not taken off premises and on to the beach. 

The bottom line is unless you are making a complete nuisance of yourself and are discreet, no one will really say anything to you about it.   

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

The bottom line is unless you are making a complete nuisance of yourself and are discreet, no one will really say anything to you about it.   

Thanks.  Then just like Shore

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

All beaches (or a portion of all beaches) in Bermuda are technically public. I believe the short answer to the question is no, but then it gets fuzzy.

It is legal to bring alcohol to the beaches as long as you are not rowdy. Don't wander around with a beer. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1