ArriveCan requirements

jsglow

So I've started to do some reading regarding our upcoming Princess Glaciers cruise departing Vancouver to Whittier.  For reference, we'll be spending some time in Seattle beforehand visiting our son and then busing to Vancouver the day before the cruise.  We will be fully 'up to date' on our Moderna vax with booster #2 taking place roughly 2 weeks prior to the cruise.  As such, we'll technically have a 3 day lead time window to complete our Antigen test necessary for boarding, certainly done in Seattle.  We've also already downloaded and inputted all of our relevant info into our ArriveCan App although I can imagine a tweak with the date of that booster #2 in early August. 

Now here's where my confusion comes in.  Does Canada require a negative Covid test (for the fully vaxxed) as an entry requirement when we cross the border?  I've not read anything about that and I suppose I was just assuming the 'old' fly back to the USA rules that had applied up until mid-June were operative and similar.  Now obviously we'll have our Princess eligible test results in hand but are they necessary for ArriveCan and is that something we load into the App at the last minute?  Thanks for clarifying.  Just trying to avoid surprises.

Oh, and we know we'll face an indoor mask requirement as things stand now.  Gotta find those things again.  No problem.

12 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Does Canada require a negative Covid test (for the fully vaxxed) as an entry requirement when we cross the border?  I've not read anything about that and I suppose I was just assuming the 'old' fly back to the USA rules that had applied up until mid-June were operative and similar.

No, if you are fully vaccinated with one of their approved vaccines (which Moderna is) you do not need a test to enter Canada. You'll need to upload your fully completed CDC vaccine card into ArriveCan and manually enter the vaccine information. I wouldn't bother starting it until you have your completed CDC card with both doses on it. Once that's in you'll get a QR code but you won't have to show it at the border-- Canada will just link it with your passports. 

13 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Oh, and we know we'll face an indoor mask requirement as things stand now.  Gotta find those things again.  No problem.

I'm in Montreal right now-- there is no indoor mask mandate in Canada. 

10 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

No, if you are fully vaccinated with one of their approved vaccines (which Moderna is) you do not need a test to enter Canada. You'll need to upload your fully completed CDC vaccine card into ArriveCan and manually enter the vaccine information. I wouldn't bother starting it until you have your completed CDC card with both doses on it. Once that's in you'll get a QR code but you won't have to show it at the border-- Canada will just link it with your passports. 

I'm in Montreal right now-- there is no indoor mask mandate in Canada. 

Thank you so much for the clarification. We'll pre-load our info as appropriate sometime after shot #4.  I guess I had simply erroneously assumed they wanted a test to similar to Hawaii when we went in '21 or US bound airlines until earlier this summer. Thanks so much for straightening me out.

And for the benefit of others, Princess itself has a mask mandate currently in place for both the north and southbound Glaciers voyages.

Edited by jsglow

Do check the timing- I think that Canada requires a negative test within two days prior to boarding- not three. And the day of sailing doesn't count, So, for example, we are sailing on a Friday out of Vancouver so we can test Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Timing doesn't matter- just days. 

canada does not require a test but your ship might.  Canada just reimplemented a policy where you can randomly selected for testing once your across the border but don't think that is a major issue.

13 hours ago, Dan G said:

canada does not require a test but your ship might.  Canada just reimplemented a policy where you can randomly selected for testing once your across the border but don't think that is a major issue.

Canada DOES require a test to board a cruise ship. NOT to enter the country. 

• Like 1