American Quenn Just Cancelled My Cruise

willift

Ocean Victory Oct 4 San Diego to Costa Rica. I'm not surprised given the lack of answers I was getting about itinerary and activities. Now I've got pre & post hotel to cancel and misc stuff to unwind.

I purchased trip insurance, anybody have an idea if that become refundable when the cruise get cancelled

23 hours ago, willift said:

Ocean Victory Oct 4 San Diego to Costa Rica. I'm not surprised given the lack of answers I was getting about itinerary and activities. Now I've got pre & post hotel to cancel and misc stuff to unwind.

I purchased trip insurance, anybody have an idea if that become refundable when the cruise get cancelled

Good question…doesn’t your insurance contract explain that?

I am not sure, but whether you purchased your insurance thru the cruise line, or directly from an insurance company might make a difference…

8 hours ago, bob brown said:

Good question…doesn’t your insurance contract explain that?

I am not sure, but whether you purchased your insurance thru the cruise line, or directly from an insurance company might make a difference…

Purchased it from the cruise line. I suspect my insurance contract explains it somewhere but I not sure if I have the patience to find it and read thru it, or understand what I'm reading, so I guess that's on me. AQV promised a complete refund of Cruise fair & Insurance. We'll see

14 minutes ago, willift said:

Purchased it from the cruise line. I suspect my insurance contract explains it somewhere but I not sure if I have the patience to find it and read thru it, or understand what I'm reading, so I guess that's on me. AQV promised a complete refund of Cruise fair & Insurance. We'll see

Well things have really turned strange. American Queen cancelled cruise yesterday, I talked to a rep about a credit and they assured me they'd issue it. Now they call and say they didn't really want to cancel the trip and if I want to still go they'll give me shipboard credit.

In the mean time, I spent yesterday finding a replacement  cruise on Celebrity, San Diego to San Juan, booked and made first & final payment this morning.

Now American Queen says 30 45 days before credit will be issued.

When our cruise was cancelled due to Hurricane Ida last year, they promised us a full refund.  We got our money almost immediately on the flight cancellation, but our TA had to bug them several times before we got the cruise refunded.  That was not a total refund, but minus taxes and fees, it came pretty close, so we booked another cruise this past spring.  We talked to some people onboard who had a similar experience and others who were told, "Just pick another cruise because we're not giving you your money back."  Not sure if they had a TA or not.

Kathy

Too late for us, we're going on Celebrity thru the Panama Canal instead. we had booked that AQV Cruise booked back in June 2021 and were looking forward to it, but they never really had much info on the ports or excursions, and expedition things that they had planned. My concern was that it's really a repositioning cruise and they are turning the ship over to another Vendor for it's Antarctic Cruise Season. With the labor shortage and supply chain issues, I envision some version, of end of the season, "I don't care I'm done in a week" kind of thing.

The Free Airfare could be kind of nice the flights coming out of Costa Rica were kind of pricey or left too early. I look forward to some reviews

Edited by willift
typo