Africa Cruises

I see Regent does S. African cruises as well as the east coast repositioning, but I haven't seen any that go up the west coast (Madagascar, Mauritius Seychelles...)

Have they ever done that?  I see Oceania has some and Silverseas, But I'm kind of hooked on Regent.  I was hoping to see one on the upcoming 24-25 schedule especially with another ship operating.  Any speculation or insight whether they might do that route?

We sailed from Singapore to Cape Town on board Navigator in March 2018, across the Indian Ocean with stops in Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, La Reunion amongst many others, including three stops in South Africa.  It was a great itinerary which we finished with a safari and flew home from Johannesburg.  I hope they offer it again!   (I put a link to my personal blog above, in case you'd like more details)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

The 2023 World Cruise takes in some of the ports to which you refer (off the east coast of Africa).

Unfortunately the cruise has proven so popular that Regent has not needed to split the itinerary into segments.

Hopefully, they will see what is popular and add some more of those segments

• Like 1

15 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Unfortunately the cruise has proven so popular that Regent has not needed to split the itinerary into segments.

Yet.

We were waitlisted on a segment of the WC that was cancelled due to CV and quite a few suites became available at the time of the final payment, when segments were released.  Don't give up hope - just keep watching and waiting.

• Like 3