Vaccine policy.

deck chair

Hello:

I heard today the Princess Cruises will now allow 10% of its passengers to be unvaccinated.  Since Cunard is a partner line I am wondering if Cunard will be following suit.  Any information on this?   Thank you.  I am also wondering if vaccine policies for Cunard are governed by the NHS or the like or is it set by the line.  Be well.

Deck Chair.

10 hours ago, deck chair said:

Hello:

I heard today the Princess Cruises will now allow 10% of its passengers to be unvaccinated.  Since Cunard is a partner line I am wondering if Cunard will be following suit.  Any information on this?   Thank you.  I am also wondering if vaccine policies for Cunard are governed by the NHS or the like or is it set by the line.  Be well.

Deck Chair.

Would be interesting if this is the case given that many countries still have restrictions on unvaccinated people entering countries and put extra testing requirements on them.

15 hours ago, deck chair said:

Hello:

Deck Chair.

It would be helpful if  you could post the source of your information. Thanks. 

Edited by Ranchi

24 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

It would be helpful if  you could post the source of your information. Thanks. 

See this page on the Princess website:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/travel-guidelines-unvaccinated-guests/

I don't think this is necessarily related to yesterday's announcement from the CDC that they are ending their "COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships". The CDC had already dropped its threshold for a ship to be considered fully vaccinated to 90% in May.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

See this page on the Princess website:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/travel-guidelines-unvaccinated-guests/

I don't think this is necessarily related to yesterday's announcement from the CDC that they are ending their "COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships". The CDC had already dropped its threshold for a ship to be considered fully vaccinated to 90% in May.

Thank you.  Deck Chair.

I imagine that the 10% threshold, at least for the Alaska cruises, is going to be easily met. And getting a waiver exemption letter from Princess will not be easy peasy either. Ask me how I know this. Currently unvaccinated and Princess couldn't supply me with any exemption letter 3 months ago. I doubt that it will change now much. 

On 7/19/2022 at 12:09 AM, deck chair said:

Hello:

Deck Chair.

Golly, I hope not.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J_Bronco34 said:

I imagine that the 10% threshold, at least for the Alaska cruises, is going to be easily met. And getting a waiver exemption letter from Princess will not be easy peasy either. Ask me how I know this. Currently unvaccinated and Princess couldn't supply me with any exemption letter 3 months ago. I doubt that it will change now much. 

Hello!  so much could change in three months.  I would apply again.  Be well.

Deck Chair

16 hours ago, J_Bronco34 said:

Princess does exemptions cruise by cruise so even if you have been denied one cruise you may get an exemption for your next cruise. However, Canada (at this point in time) has strict entry requirements and they do override the Princess exemption, even if it is just a port stop. 

Just saying if you are applying for an exemption for a cruise that enters Canada start working on a Canada exemption at the same time you start working in a Princess exemption. 

cheers, h.

Oops, sorry I realise I have strayed a bit but thought the Canada heads up may be useful for those travelling in that direction thinking a cruise ship exemption was all that was needed.

On 7/24/2022 at 3:40 AM, Victoria2 said:

Golly, I hope not.

I feel the same way about this Princess rule. If Cunard changes the rules for voyages after the final payment date there could be a lot of complaints. For the cruise we have taken and the one coming up in two months - both from Canadian ports - we have had to agree to two accept two documents including the lengthy voyage contract (18 pages I believe). We are impressed with what Cunard has done to keep people safe.

Canada has strict rules and Cunard has gone one step further: a booster is required by Cunard even though the Canadian government does not require that and a rapid antigen test must be taken no more than one day before embarkation even though the Canadian rules allow two days.  Even if Cunard wanted to change as Princess has they could not do so for Canadian cruises for the foreseeable future.