PCR testing and Vaccination for UK travellers and the Genie

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I have looked through  the boards but I'm not able to see an answer. 

I just wanted to confirm that passengers from UK departing from Barcelona on Wonder will require PCR tests a day before departure. 

We think this is correct but there is a question about the CDC guidelines changing and is that likely to affect Wonder's policy at all?

We've uploaded vaccination records but they still say they are 'validating'. I'm guessing we should take paper records for them to check at embarkation to make sure? 

Will we be required to wear masks onboard at all? What happens if you feel unwell onboard- do you take some LFT in case? 

Also- we've had no contact from the Genie at all and we sail in a couple of weeks, is this usual?

Thank you- again apologies if these questions have already been answered- if they have please can someone point me in the right direction?

16 minutes ago, cambridgegirl said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I have looked through  the boards but I'm not able to see an answer. 

I just wanted to confirm that passengers from UK departing from Barcelona on Wonder will require PCR tests a day before departure. 

We think this is correct but there is a question about the CDC guidelines changing and is that likely to affect Wonder's policy at all?

We've uploaded vaccination records but they still say they are 'validating'. I'm guessing we should take paper records for them to check at embarkation to make sure? 

Will we be required to wear masks onboard at all? What happens if you feel unwell onboard- do you take some LFT in case? 

Also- we've had no contact from the Genie at all and we sail in a couple of weeks, is this usual?

Thank you- again apologies if these questions have already been answered- if they have please can someone point me in the right direction?

Covid Testing is still required, at least for now, within 2 days of sailing.  Yes, take your vacinnation records with you.  No masks required (at least for now).  You should get letter from Concierge approximately 1 week prior to sailing.  Have fun!

19 minutes ago, cambridgegirl said:

Welcome to CC.

Antigen/LFT is good enough, PCR not needed.

24 minutes ago, cambridgegirl said:

It can be either a Antigen or a PCR test - and can be done any time in the two full days before sailing. So you’ll be able to have it done anytime from Friday morning onwards to be valid.

The exception to this is for unvaccinated children who need the test the day before departure (so Saturday) 

There’s no requirement for masks on any RC ships, except for when sailing from Singapore. (Where they are still required indoors)

D26A1F19-2E2C-4AA7-AC91-D0538E036B5E.jpeg

Edited by ukrccl_a

1 minute ago, cambridgegirl said:

I think we will book PCR tests for the day before departure just in case. 

You may want to book  LFT instead - you could be positive on the PCR but negative on the LFT.

and this is what Royal advertise 

STAR CLASS

Genie 🧞‍♀️ 

All guests booked in a Star suite will receive:

Six weeks before sailing: The Royal Genie will contact the guest and ask them to complete an important survey about the guests’ preferences. Based off the information provided, the Royal Genie will begin preparations to personalize your vacation accordingly.

Approximately four weeks before: 

Your Royal Genie will contact you via email in order to finalize the details of your vacation.

One week before sailing:  Your Royal Genie will email you a link to begin using Loop, a web-based messaging service–this exclusive Star messaging tool allows fast, easy and convenient communication between you and your Royal Genie.

Note: The loop is no longer used, they use WhatsApp 

Have downloaded before you board, obviously 👍🏻

Edited by PompeySailor

2 hours ago, cambridgegirl said:

Thank you, I think we will book PCR tests for the day before departure just in case. 

I thought the Genie was supposed to contact you in advance for your requests etc. but if its a week before then that's what it is!

We are on Odyssey now out of Italy. If you are fully vaccinated then you just need supervised LFT. We had this done at Lloyds pharmacy and they give you the certificate there and then. 

For the app it won’t validate if you’ve tried uploading a picture of your covid pass/status from the nhs app, I’m tried and tested and it wants photos of the actual vaccination cards you got when you had them done (the little blue things) I tried those as a last resort and it validated within a day 

On 7/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, Biker19 said:

You may want to book  LFT instead - you could be positive on the PCR but negative on the LFT.

I've heard that, too.

According to my local (California) health care providers, you can test positive on the PCR test up to 90 days after an infection, well after you're no longer contagious.

I've found some info online to substantiate this, e.g.,

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-05-08/what-do-i-do-when-my-pcr-is-positive-and-my-rapid-test-is-negative

On 7/20/2022 at 9:02 PM, cambridgegirl said:

you've all been very helpful! Thank you!

Whatever you do have paper copies of everything, vacination Certificates, boarding passes, testing certs. To make it even easier pre sort each into the appropriate passports. 

• Like 1