Ca' Segredo Hotel in Venice

Mun6

We will be staying here for 2 nights in October. Has anyone stayed here that can tell me anything about the hotel and its surroundings?

(It was booked by our travel agent.) It looks as if it's within walking distance of Rialto Bridge,

but I can't find too much other information.  We hadn't planned on doing any tours, since we're only in Venice for 2.5 days before heading to Rome, so we were hoping

that we could just walk around Venice from the hotel. We're a little worried about getting around since we don't know too much Italian (we're

learning though! lol)  Thank you

Ca' Sagredo?

First class choice.

You can walk to about everywhere. St. Mark's square is less than 15 minutes away.

Some museums close by.

Venice is very tourists. You will get easily around with English.

If you should lose your way in the alleys, weil that is part of the fun.

Note:  You WILL get lost.  You should get lost. You want to get lost.  That’s part of the fun exploring Venice.  But fear not, you can’t get too lost.  Eventually, you run into water and that will head you back in the right direction.  Also, be on the lookout for the signs posted on the sides of buildings at many, many critical locations around the islands as you walk.  You will see signs that say “Per Rialto” and “Per S. Marco” all around.  Follow these to make your way back to the Rialto Bridge or the San Marco Square.   These will get you back on track.  

Don’t worry, there’s really not a bad part of Venice to find yourself in. And you’ll be fine not knowing Italian. Although, I’d learn a few basic words if you can.  

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 3

Agree your hotel is well located and nice. Did your TA also make arrangements for your transfer there?

English is widely (if not always perfectly) understood and spoken in most major tourism capitals in Europe.

Here's a tip I've used many times when traveling. When you check in, grab one or two of the hotel's business cards and keep one with you. Just in case you go terribly astray and can't figure out how to get back, you can always show someone (preferably in a store or restaurant, not another tourist) the card and see if they can give you some basic directions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, our TA has arranged transportation from the airport to the hotel.  What a great tip about the business card! I will definitely remember that one, thank you!!