Reserving Crown Grill with Medallion

rayandshirl

I have a gift from my travel agent for dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant for an upcoming cruise.  I went to book it for a sea day but I am asked to give my credit card approval.  Is there a way to book it with my gift?

18 minutes ago, rayandshirl said:

I have a gift from my travel agent for dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant for an upcoming cruise.  I went to book it for a sea day but I am asked to give my credit card approval.  Is there a way to book it with my gift?

Perhaps not.  The ones that come from a Princess promotion are loaded up and recognized by DineMyWay in the MC App (this seems to be mostly fixed now, but not necessarily for all).  Not sure that a TA gift is included in that since those sort of items do not post to your stateroom account until embarkation day.  Yes, I am pretty sure that is the reason.  You can wait until on-board to book.  Or, if book now, you can ask the front desk (PSD) to apply a credit to your account (but bring proof of advance res and pre-payment.  No 100% guarantee this option works.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Billish said:

To be clear,  the Medallion is the equivalent if a key card.

Booking a restaurant has absolutely nothing to do with the Medallion, 

Perhaps the OP meant to say, "Medallion App."  So lets cut the OP a break.

• Like 3

I think the difference seems to be that you can book Speciality Dining via the Medallion app if it was part of a Princess promotion. I just did it with no charge to my credit card. If it was a gift from your TA, then your credit card will probably be charged. I have lots of onboard credit also from my TA but this does not show as credit on the Princess web site until boarding and I cannot pre-book  ship’s tours without it being charged to my CC. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Perhaps the OP meant to say, "Medallion App."  So lets cut the OP a break.

Yes, I agree. My apologies for being snippy !

I do think that Princess have made a rod for their own back,  by not clearly differentiating between the physical Medallion (hardwear) and Medallion app (software). 

Hence the confusion from the OP, and indeed from hundreds of other cruisers,  judging by comments on here and other sites.

1 hour ago, Billish said:

Yes, I agree. My apologies for being snippy !

I do think that Princess have made a rod for their own back,  by not clearly differentiating between the physical Medallion (hardwear) and Medallion app (software). 

Hence the confusion from the OP, and indeed from hundreds of other cruisers,  judging by comments on here and other sites.

On that we do agree

2 hours ago, Billish said:

we booked 2 of the specialty restaurants using the medallion app..

Edited by ImperialLady

We booked out 2 SR using the ap.  It wasn't clear that it wouldn't charge our card though.  I figured if it hit the card, a stop to passenger services would take care of it.  As it turned out, it took the "Gifts" automatically.  I heard others have had varying outcomes though.  I wonder if it's how the gifts are noted in the cruise reservation.

19 hours ago, Billish said:

To be clear, “Princess” is a female direct descendant of a sitting monarch.  “Princess Cruises” is a cruise line.  Ergo none of us should ever say we sail on Princess 👸 

Sorry bad joke, couldn’t resist. Yeah it is weird they named their app and device the same thing.  Kind of like how they named the new Premier package the same as the old standalone drinks package.  The creative department at Princess Cruises is pretty lazy.