Looking for a Beach or Snorkeling in Aruba

amberjohn

I don't know that you can snorkel within walking distance.  The bus station is within walking distance and you can take a bus from there to Boca Catalina or Arashi Beach.  If you buy a retour card at the kiosk at the bus station it is $5 round trip.  Otherwise it's something like $5.40 and you get Aruban coins in change. You have to take the Arashi Beach bus to get all the way there or the Malmok bus and walk the rest of the way along the coast with the ocean on your left.  There is very easy sandy entrance and lots of fish to sea if it is calm, though not much coral.  The snorkel tours all go to Catalina Cove which is to the right and out from the sandy entrance but you can easily snorkel from shore.  There are no facilities at Boca Catalina, just chair rental and a few palapas.  There is a bathroom at the snack bar at Arashi beach which is the next bus stop/beach area north.   You can also enter the water from Arashi and head to the left to Boca Catalina, but sometimes it seems like there are more waves. 

512168500_P32304751.thumb.jpg.4f01a39bb5fe42011c450ba41bbcb60e.jpg

Edited by mcmarya

• 3 weeks later...

You would have to catch a cab to get to the snorkeling area. Boca Catalina is a great place to snorkel (between Boca and Arashi). It's our go to place for snorkeling when on the island. (There's also Mangel Halto but it's a lot further in the opposite direction). 

I have tons of reviews on my blog with pictures if you're interested in seeing what it looks like there and our snorkeling.  HERE is the page with beaches.