Royal Caribbean Discover St. Thomas and Megen Bay Tour

Looking for anyone who has recently taking this RC s shore excursion.

Is it in an open-air vehicle or air-conditioned vehicle? 

How much time was actually spent at Megen's Bay and how much time was there for shopping downtown??

TIA 

I agree with @1025cruise.  I haven't taken that specific tour either, but it's probably an open-air truck with covered bench seats in the back.  You can easily take one of these truck taxis to Magens Bay. Lots of them lined up at the port with someone directing takers to the next taxi.  Excursions leave from the same area and have the same trucks.  There are some traditional air-conditioned car taxis available, but they are incredibly expensive.  I think they purposely price them that way to get people to take the open-air trucks instead.  Lots of truck taxis waiting at Magens Bay to bring you back to the port or drop you downtown whenever you're ready.  The only problem with these truck taxis is that you'll need to wait until they're fairly full before they leave.  Doesn't usually take too long, but don't expect to leave immediately.  Could be an issue if you can't wait in the heat for a bit.

speaking of Magen's bay beach...anyone had a good snorkeling experience at one of the St. Thomas's beaches?  We're trying to decide on Megan's bay beach or Sapphire beach on excursions offered on Symphony In october.   We hear turtles show up around Megan's...but more fish [tropicals] perhaps Sapphire? Original asked about how long at Megan's on 'Discover St. THomas' excursion? I think that includes the sky ride [or does it]?  Anyone done thia, we too would like to hear how it was. 

6 minutes ago, LinRon3 said:

speaking of Magen's bay beach...anyone had a good snorkeling experience at one of the St. Thomas's beaches?  We're trying to decide on Megan's bay beach or Sapphire beach on excursions offered on Symphony In october.   We hear turtles show up around Megan's...but more fish [tropicals] perhaps Sapphire? Original asked about how long at Megan's on 'Discover St. THomas' excursion? I think that includes the sky ride [or does it]?  Anyone done thia, we too would like to hear how it was. 

If you are wanting to snorkel with turtles I highly recommend St Thomas Scuba and Snorkel!! We saw 20+ turtles for over 2 hours last month. Best experience of any cruise we have done!!

10 hours ago, LinRon3 said:

The water at Magens Bay Beach is pretty open...not much in the way of rocks or vegetation.  Not many places for fish to hide, so not many fish there.  I don't know about the turtles.