Book through agent or direct with Costa?

Raj.K

not sure about cheaper. I had booked 3 cabins on Costa for 2020, two through an agent and one direct. When I needed to cancel because of Covid, Costa refunded our deposit within a few weeks, the Agency kept a portion as Service Charge. I am booked directly on a World Cruise now and my friend booked through an agent. I learned to call first thing in the morning calling a lady whp's extension I  have and get everything answered and solved right away. She is constantly waiting for call-backs. I got really reasonable fares, since 2024 World Cruise is the one I had booked for 2022 and I got the same rate as 2022 and 2023 I had booked right after it was released,  If you want to take a chance you might get a really good price for late bookings,

• Like 2

At this time, the agent is more likely to under than the cruise line, Costa is part of Carnival and is safe. In these uncertain times, i would not personally go through a agent, no matter what perks they try to entice me with. Having said that, its your money, do what you think is good for you.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, gerryuk said:

At this time, the agent is more likely to under than the cruise line, Costa is part of Carnival and is safe. In these uncertain times, i would not personally go through a agent, no matter what perks they try to entice me with. Having said that, its your money, do what you think is good for you.

Thank you. I appreciate the response.

I always use a credit card to book and also ensure that I have the standard deposit and refunds as per cruise line terms (i.e. not agree to any service charge or admin charge terms of the travel agent. I get the travel agent to confirm by email of the waiver of their standard terms before I give my credit card). This has worked for me once last year and earlier this year so don't know if it will in the future.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:04 PM, gerryuk said:

I tend to disagree with you but only as a resident of the UK where we have ATOL protection. If something goes wrong you have that as a backup. Our last 3 bookings have gone through an agent as a package where under normal circumstances we do our own thing.

I certainly would not consider booking direct until we are well clear of Covid and airport chaos. Credit card payment and good insurance are also a consideration

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I always book direct.  I like to negotiate my own terms and not have someone do that for me.  I find it easier to have the cruise I want that way than be told "it can't be done" by someone who may have never cruised with the line themselves.

• Like 1