Pre-cruise app used for boarding information ?

Blue Eyes

I’m helping a friend prepare for a Greek Island cruise mid-August. She does not use CC.  I’m not a frequent NCL guest, so do they use or recommend an app such as Verifly to organize your pre-cruise requirements?  She’ll have her Covid test right before flying out on Thursday for a Sunday cruise departure, so she is concerned about having a way to print them.  Hoping the hotel will offer that service.  Thanks for any help.

41 minutes ago, Blue Eyes said:

I’m helping a friend prepare for a Greek Island cruise mid-August. She does not use CC.  I’m not a frequent NCL guest, so do they use or recommend an app such as Verifly to organize your pre-cruise requirements?  She’ll have her Covid test right before flying out on Thursday for a Sunday cruise departure, so she is concerned about having a way to print them.  Hoping the hotel will offer that service.  Thanks for any help.

Donna,

The requirements are totally dependent upon where your friend is cruising from and where she is cruising to. The following link has general information from the cruise line, but there may be some cruise-specific information sent to your friend. https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

No, NCL does not use Verify. 

For US departures, testing needs to be done 48 hours in advance, so your testing dates don't seem to work. Keep a watch since the CDC has removed the requirement for pre-cruise testing and left it up to the cruise line to determine if they want to continue it. Pre-cruise testing for some foreign departures has been discontinued by NCL.  

If your friend is sailing to Alaska or Bermuda, there are additional country-specific requirements and pre-cruise registrations/payments.  

All documentation requirements (except for a passport) can be presented electronically. I would strongly recommend that your friend has hardcopy. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

Thanks BirdTravels…she flies from US to Athens on Thursday, boards ship on Sunday

from information below (# 2 option) we both think she can test Thursday morning before boarding flight.  Test results are emailed to you.  We tested on Wednesday for a Saturday departure.  I also used the Verifly and it was convenient.  Each cruise line is different…

≥ 12 years Provide proof of one of the following:

1) Negative COVID-19 antigen test result administered by a verified third party within two days of the embarkation date

2) NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days of embarkation date

3) COVID-19 Recovery Certificate*
Edited by Blue Eyes
Added reply to name

My hotel in Athens was happy to print mine for me. They also arranged for someone to come and test me in the hotel on the way back - it looked like most of the main hotels were bought into that offer. You should be ok. You're right that it's three full days before sailing for testing out of Athens.

But I've also been on other cruises where they were fine just seeing an email version (although haven't tried that on NCL). 

• Like 1