Booking late - Will many shore excursion options be available?

Hello everybody, 

We have never cruised with Regent, and have only cruise a few of the mainstream cruise lines in the distant past. We have 99% decided to book the  Explorer cruise Sydney to Bali, January 2023, which we are very excited about. Turns out this ship is almost completely sold out, and our only cabin choice is on the 6th deck, aft. And by aft I mean the very last cabin toward aft - 683. I would very much appreciate your input on a couple of things. The cabin hasn't been reviewed on the suite review thread, and I'd love your thoughts on that specific location. Also, since the cruise is almost completely sold out, and the shore excursions have been available for folks to reserve for quite a while, will we have many choices?? We don't want, for example, to be shut out of the Great Barrier Reef options. Just wondering if you guys thought that sort of thing might be an issue. Thank you!!!!

You may get wait listed on some excursions, but it’s rare not to get eventually get the excursion once you’re on the wait list. Of course, I am speaking pre-covid, so staffing excursions might be an issue. But if things have gotten closer to normal by January, you stand a good chance.

We have just booked a January cruise and had the same worries as you prior to booking, but once booked and on looking at the excursions we were surprised to find that all the ones we wanted were available, so you might be pleasantly surprised. 

On 22 June I booked a 3 November cruise and I was concerned about excursion availability. Only 1 excursion I wanted was sold out and I was able to find something else. YMMV.

Enjoy your cruise!