Price drop for South America 2023

JK300

There's a big price drop for sailings to South America January 2023, that include Antarctica voyage Jan. 7 on the Pursuit. At least for the EU it is.

John

Edited by JK300
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• JK300 changed the title to Price drop for South America 2023
11 hours ago, JK300 said:

There's a big price drop for sailings to South America January 2023, that include Antarctica voyage Jan. 7 on the Pursuit. At least for the EU it is.

John

Interesting. I'm booked on the Fjords one on 24 January. What price are you seeing for a CC suite, cruise only? I thought I had a decent deal and I'm not seeing anything cheaper than what I paid, from the quick search I've done.

37 minutes ago, federalexpress said:

Interesting. I'm booked on the Fjords one on 24 January. What price are you seeing for a CC suite, cruise only? I thought I had a decent deal and I'm not seeing anything cheaper than what I paid, from the quick search I've done.

The CC suite price for yours is almost the half than in our sailing. Both are 17 nights.

We just disembarked from the Onward and booked the Antarctica cruise while on board. The price we got was much cheaper than what we saw before our cruise. A couple days later the pricing on their website has lowered drastically similar to our price.

John

29 minutes ago, JK300 said:

The CC suite price for yours is almost the half than in our sailing. Both are 17 nights.

We just disembarked from the Onward and booked the Antarctica cruise while on board. The price we got was much cheaper than what we saw before our cruise. A couple days later the pricing on their website has lowered drastically similar to our price.

John

I think the Antartica cruise was a little more than the Fjords one when I booked. It was a close call between them but in the end, the former just had too many sea days for me, plus a greater chance of bad weather, but I must admit it was tempting, a chance to see something extraordinary.

I don't know if I'm breaking rules here (will soon know if I'm modded) but I paid £4k per person cruise only for the Fjords cruise in a CC suite, with $1000 OBC included. I'm interested if you see it for less than that cos I gather Azamara supposedly adjusts the price to whatever the new level is (which I must say seems like a very fair concept, if they honour it)

1 hour ago, federalexpress said:

I think the Antartica cruise was a little more than the Fjords one when I booked. It was a close call between them but in the end, the former just had too many sea days for me, plus a greater chance of bad weather, but I must admit it was tempting, a chance to see something extraordinary.

I don't know if I'm breaking rules here (will soon know if I'm modded) but I paid £4k per person cruise only for the Fjords cruise in a CC suite, with $1000 OBC included. I'm interested if you see it for less than that cos I gather Azamara supposedly adjusts the price to whatever the new level is (which I must say seems like a very fair concept, if they honour it)

I think you've got a real nice price for your cruise.

John

Looks like price drops on quite a few sailings, our Feb sailing fell by about $1000pp so called up for the price guarantee, Again! This is the 4th time in 3 months! From the original booking with $500OBC, to a similar price but with $1000 Excursion only OBC, then to a lower price with $500OBC and now with the current fall in the price we have no OBC but we did get an upgrade from a V3 to a V1.

Two things I have learnt from all this is 1) Don’t book excursions or anything with the OBC until close to the sailing, I had booked some but when doing the price guarantee it meant cancelling the whole booking and a fee of $100 each, then you get a new booking and a week later a FCC email for the $100pp fee that you then apply to the booking, 2) Had we used a Travel Agent (not saying all do this!) But the one we used last would charge a fee to change bookings including the price guarantee and their reason being the price we paid was lower than the rate being advertised at the time by the cruise line so would mean cancelation fee then re book, which is why I now always book cruises direct as most in my experience will have price changes, flash sales, black Fridays etc and its really just matter of a 5 min phone call to adjust to the new lower fare and you keep the same state room, unless being upgraded.

Edited by Hammer61
  • Like 3