Using Credits from Canceled Cruise

waltd

Ok  ,  We had to cancel our Alaska cruise.   Covid.   Have received back on our credit card the airfare and transfers. Now waiting for the FCC for the canceled cruise.

Here is my question.   What can I use that FCC for?  Can it only be applied to a new cruise?   What I would like to use it for is the tours for another long cruise we already  paid for that sails in December.   Is this at all possible?

Thanks

Joe

That is the trap of accepting FCC - plus there is an expiration date and the issue of trying to insure the next cruise booked with FCC.

I assume you did not have insurance. Otherwise, you could have cancelled for full cash reimbursement because COVID is covered the same as any otherillness

5 minutes ago, Babr said:

That is the trap of accepting FCC - plus there is an expiration date and the issue of trying to insure the next cruise booked with FCC.

I assume you did not have insurance. Otherwise, you could have cancelled for full cash reimbursement because COVID is covered the same as any otherillness

Did you know there are 2 kinds of FCC? Cash value (refunds) & Goodwill FCC (that extra % for not asking for a refund during shutdown ). Cash Value FCC (refunds) can be surrendered just like FCD.  Not locked into anything.

Princess site:

Screenshot_20220724-085307_Chrome.thumb.jpg.381ea0c30e145d77f68568358c80a51e.jpg

https://www.princess.com/plan/fcc-onboard-cruise-credits/

I don't bother bc I sort of cruise a lot so here's what just 1 mine looks like:

20220724_085842.thumb.jpg.b972994f24210d4b3106b78750c39de3.jpg

No, I was not aware. Thanks for the info.

Nevertheless, I’ll continue to avoid taking FCC because it does not work well for me. I’m glad Princess is offering on off-ramp so that those who like the program can benefit from it.

5 hours ago, Babr said:

No, I was not aware. Thanks for the info.

Nevertheless, I’ll continue to avoid taking FCC because it does not work well for me. I’m glad Princess is offering on off-ramp so that those who like the program can benefit from it.

Yes. And if you have any in your account now you can cash them in any time.  You don't have to wait until they expire (adding IF you are willing to surrender the associated goodwill FCC). I took FCC as long as they gave ×% for doing so. Then a refund. I'm spending my final 73.44 FCC next spring (had CVP extended the date)

Edited by Ombud
Added thought